The Limit
Premium Member
join:2007-09-25
Denver, CO

The Limit to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984

Re: [Rant] Close on Sunday? Really?

You know, there's a whole lot more I want to say, but I'm going to play peacemaker here.

Do you work weekends? If so, I don't see why you would be complaining, if you don't, then I definitely don't think you understand that people need time off. I realize that this is a rant, and you are here to blow off some steam, but this sense of "entitlement" is a bit misplaced here. Why not put the tires on yourself and have another shop balance them for you on the following Saturday? Am I missing something here? You are complaining about a company that "lost" a sale because they weren't open on a Sunday, so it wasn't convenient for you. Get over it. Sorry to be blunt, but I don't get my jammies all up in a whammy because of a minor inconvenience. This is America. We have it great here. If I say more, I know my post will be moderated, so I'm going to stop now.

carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

carpetshark3

Premium Member

If the store's reputation is so good, people usually put up with odd hours. Adorama Camera and B&H Camera in NY abide by all Jewish rules. Big notices during holidays that they will be closed. Lost many customers? I think not.

Hobby Lobby closes on Sundays. Stores are usually busy during other times, so they should be doing OK.

Large motorcycle dealer closed Sunday and Monday. Hasn't hurt business.

We have always just worked around schedules.
Austinloop
join:2001-08-19
Austin, TX

Austinloop

I have been very happy with Discount Tires for my vehicle and my son is quite happy with them also and I can work around their being closed on Sunday.

That being said, I also keep an eye on my tires so that I am not surprised when there are a few rain drops on the pavement. It takes about 2 minutes to inspect the tires on both of our vehicles, maybe a little longer if there are measurements of tread depth to be made, however, there are wear bars built into tires that give a great indication as to the amount of tread life left.

I don't know about the OP's maintenance habits, but I also make an effort to check the tire pressure ever two weeks, or so. That does take some extra time, but also allows time for a more in depth inspection of the tires.

One reason for the inspections are that one of the roads I, periodically, drive on has a speed limit of 80 MPH, even though I rarely exceed 75 MPH on that road, a tire failure, or sudden loss of traction on that road would be catastrophic.