join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

1 edit

CylonRed to ThirdShifter

MVM

to ThirdShifter

Re: [Auto] 2012 F1 season begins....

Agreed - what the hell is going on with Button and now Lewis????

Mercedes was lost and I can't believe that Maldonado found trouble again. Soon he won't have any friends on the track.

Pjr
Don't Panic
join:2005-12-11
UK

Pjr

said by CylonRed:

Agreed - what the hell is going on with Button and now Lewis????

When Button's struggling there's a slight problem with the car. When Hamilton's struggling the car has a major problem.

The development of the McLaren must have gone in the wrong direction; it was a good car at the start of the season.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

For Button they keep saying that the front tires can't get heat in them. He is easy on the tires in general but Lewis seems to have been able to get heat in them. Lewis did well in practice - ok in qual (everyone was guessing on setup) - maybe both of them opted for higher down force expecting rain?

Or they are at opposite ends of the spectrum- Button is too easy and Lewis is too hard - especially trying to opt for a 2 stopper?

Pjr
Don't Panic
join:2005-12-11
UK

2 edits

Pjr

Button couldn't heat the tires up last year either but Hamilton can this year as well as last. Their driving styles are completely different and development seems to have moved more in Hamilton's favour than Button's but because they are both having trouble suggests that it is a problem with the car rather than the drivers.

»www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/fo ··· 18763403

Both Button and Hamilton say the car needs to improve dramatically if they are going to contend for either championship. I don't know if the video will play outside of the UK and I can't find it on youtube.

Interviewer: Where do you think McLaren are in comparison with Red Bull?
LH: A long way away.
I: A long way behind?
LH: Yeah. We'll keep working at it.

JB: Our car doesn't feel too bad but everyone else's must feel really good because they are a lot faster than us ... racing the Williams and Saubers out there you see areas where they are able to put the car and get away with it... and make mistakes... I don't understand how they are able to get away with that.