spc
uniqs

mareastrum
join:2006-09-10
Saint Louis, MO

mareastrum to captokita

to captokita

Re: [Anime] Summer 2012 - Currently watching

Sadly I haven't been watching much in the way of the new offerings, though I need to get on and watch Bodacious Space Pirates. One of my friends raved about it. I've been catching up on what's in my Netflix queue, namely Rosario+Vampire and Clannad.

Although the husband did ask - if we don't watch anime, do we have to turn in our otaku license? hmmm...

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

said by mareastrum:

Sadly I haven't been watching much in the way of the new offerings, though I need to get on and watch Bodacious Space Pirates. One of my friends raved about it. I've been catching up on what's in my Netflix queue, namely Rosario+Vampire and Clannad.

Yeah, I was a bit hesitant of the start, but shows like Sword Art Online and Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita are decent. I'm still putting myself through the pain of Gundam AGE each week as well...... Damn is that terrible.
quote:
Although the husband did ask - if we don't watch anime, do we have to turn in our otaku license? hmmm...
Nope, as long as Luffy is still on your avatar, you're good.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

Gundam AGE: Kira?? Is that you? What the heck are YOU doing in this series?!?!

Seriously though, it's gotten much better then when it first started. At least they're not using some Mobile Trace System or anything... READY? GO!

Total Eclipse: I want to smack whoever came up with the promos for this series. Seriously, WTF were they thinking? They make it look like fanservice show thinly disguised as a mech series thereby turning off anyone looking for a serious show, but then it turns out to have almost no fanservice thereby pissing off anyone who actually wanted fanservice. Marketing fail. I'm still at episode 3, I like being ~2 weeks behind as I don't do cliffhangers (I cheat, I know).

Phi Brain: I'm still following this one. It's a nice fun one.

Sword Art Online: This is the one I'm the most interested in this season. I want it to be good, but I'm not quite sure what type of series it's trying to be. I can't quite tell if ep 4 was just filler or is actually related to the overall story... He's really a good guy who made himself out to be a bad guy to keep everyone together, we got that in ep 2. It's always amusing watching the main character totally and completely pwn a bunch of n00bs though

/M

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

said by mackey:

Gundam AGE: Kira?? Is that you? What the heck are YOU doing in this series?!?!

Seriously though, it's gotten much better then when it first started. At least they're not using some Mobile Trace System or anything... READY? GO!

Nope, I think it continues to stink. But I had to laugh about your Kira reference, I thought the same thing. It just wouldn't be a Gundam series though without the "War is bad, we should all hold hands and sing kumbaya!" mantra. Though this last episode made me chuckle when everyone was tripping on X-rounderitis, except for Asemu, who has no such ability, and he just looks on like "Wtf?" If they make (sure they will) an Age-2/pirate mode model, I'm buying it, because that's pretty badass looking. As stupid as its placement is.
quote:
Total Eclipse: I want to smack whoever came up with the promos for this series. Seriously, WTF were they thinking? They make it look like fanservice show thinly disguised as a mech series thereby turning off anyone looking for a serious show, but then it turns out to have almost no fanservice thereby pissing off anyone who actually wanted fanservice. Marketing fail. I'm still at episode 3, I like being ~2 weeks behind as I don't do cliffhangers (I cheat, I know).
LOL! Ok, you're completely right here. It STARTED pretty good, but just isn't GOING anywhere. Like a bad soap opera, except there is no sex, lies, etc going on. So it's even WORSE than a bad soap opera. They hint at enemies for the next episode (#8) so hopefully it will see more action and improve. I just don't see it happening properly.

I just came back from Vacation, so I'm playing catch up with series I missed 2 episodes of.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

Sword Art Online ep 4 raises an interesting question... While I don't doubt that forcefully logging people out will kill them (or they'd all be logged out by now), there's enough doubt about what happens if you die in the game that I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out they don't actually die in real life. If there's no proof that killing someone in the game causes them to die in real life, can the PKers still be charged with murder when the game ends if it really does kill them?

/M