Immer

Premium Member

[MoP] Pet battle preview

Enjoy.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· mZA&hd=1
Immer

Immer

Premium Member

Originally posted by Blizzard (Official Post)
quote:
For years, your faithful companion pets have followed you on countless adventures. They've provided you with comfort, company, sometimes even with entertainment and hours of fun. Maybe you only have a handful of pets you really love, or maybe you have made it your quest to capture as many of them as you can. The fact remains, heroes love their little companions... and in Mists of Pandaria, they will take the spotlight in a brand-new way.
You can teach your pets unique abilities and attacks, and they will use these abilities when battling other pets. As they fight and win battles, your pets will gain experience and level up, which makes them tougher and may even unlock new abilities. Venture out into the world, collect pets wherever you find them, and train your pets to help them reach their maximum potential!

What's more, you will also have a brand-new way to add more pets to your collection. In addition to purchasing pets or getting them as item drops, you can now also encounter and capture pets in the wild. If you run into one of these pets, you can have your own pet challenge it; if you manage to defeat the capturable pet, you will capture it and add it to your collection! Those capturable pets have stats that vary, so you may end up catching an exceptionally powerful pet. Keep your eyes open!

Your in-game pet journal will help you stay on top of your current roster of pets. In this journal, you'll find vital information about each pet you own, including their names, stats, abilities, and more.

The pet's name
Naming your pets helps you keep track of them, and it also gives them a little bit of personality.
Level
As your pets fight and win battles, they will gain experience and level up.
Stats
Each pet has 4 stats - Health, Power, Speed, and Quality. Health, Power and Speed increase as your pets level up. Quality designates the overall strength of your pet's stats and will vary on every pet that you catch.
Abilities
Your pets can learn new abilities when they hit specific levels. You will be able to choose between several different active abilities for each pet.
Family
Pets are grouped into common categories called families. Families include Critter, Dragonkin, Mechanical, Magical, and there are many more. Each pet ability also corresponds to a specific pet family; Deep Breath for example is a Dragonkin-type ability, and Lift-Off is a Flying-type ability. Family determines a pet's strength and weakness against other families. Each family also has a unique passive bonus.

Training your pets is important if you want them to succeed. You can seek out pet trainer NPCs who will offer experience and achievements for your pets if you can defeat them in battle.

They've been at your side through thick and thin. Now, get to know your most faithful companions from a whole new point of view, and discover their full potential. So gather your pets, train them well, and maybe one day you will make a name for yourself as Azeroth's most renowned pet trainer!

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad to Immer

to Immer
Gotta catch 'em all!
Might be fun, might not. I don't expect to spend much time on this, if any... but it's always fun to hear the griping/QQing from people about a new feature that is completely optional.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Caelharrad:

Gotta catch 'em all!
Might be fun, might not. I don't expect to spend much time on this, if any... but it's always fun to hear the griping/QQing from people about a new feature that is completely optional.

agreed.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Caelharrad

Premium Member

to Caelharrad
I might try it with lil'rag or the phoenix hatchling
but ya I don't think I'll spend much time on it, though it might be a bit fun and might be good for passing time in que.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I wonder if you can get ganked during a pet battle...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Immer:

I wonder if you can get ganked during a pet battle...

LOL
trainer down, trainer down.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Grunty will destroy all challengers and become the pet battle champion of Azeroth.

I mean, he carries around a shoulder-fired anti-tank weapon system which fires rockets equipped with an explosive warhead, seriously...how could any pet top that?

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

Lil' Deathwing (my Colletor's Edition Cata pet) will begin casting Cataclysm all over again and without the dragon aspects help, Grunty ain't got nothin on that.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

said by DarkLogix:

Grunty will destroy all challengers and become the pet battle champion of Azeroth.

I mean, he carries around a shoulder-fired anti-tank weapon system which fires rockets equipped with an explosive warhead, seriously...how could any pet top that?

How about the pet from SC2?
it'll fire a bradge of stuff at you.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

Lil' Deathwing (my Colletor's Edition Cata pet) will begin casting Cataclysm all over again and without the dragon aspects help, Grunty ain't got nothin on that.

I'll just have to get Lil'rag and lil'DW to counter your Lil'DW

2 lil'raid bosses gotta beat 1, then I'll give em some biscuits and they'll really thrash you.
Watermasta
join:2012-06-15
Quantico, VA

Watermasta

Looks like a complete time sink with minimal fun factor.

Although I'm sure some people will love it.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

They better make raid boss pets more powerful than non-raid bosses.

I mean sure Grunty is cool but at best he's just an elite murlock, not a BOSS murlock
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t

Does anyone know if there is anyway that you can obtain the mini Diablo pet anymore? I think that would have to be the coolest pet out there.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Was that from a colector's edition? If so you might eb able to buy one and add the code.

I had ordered cata collector's edition but then bought it via the blizz store because the CE hadn't been delivered yet, when it arrived I added the CE code and gained the pet ect.

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium Member
join:2001-04-25
Long Island

DownLow to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
Well..I guess since Blizzard is making me pay for Pokemon, I will have to do this.

* edit * - so now we all get to play huntaards?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

I mean sure Grunty is cool but at best he's just an elite murlock, not a BOSS murlock

Come on, dude. Grunty wears a space suit and shoots RPGs, he is definitely a BOSS.

But seriously, I would give this a go. It's going to be in game, going to have no impact on people who don't want to do it, will cost next to nothing, and will give me something to do instead of troll trade chat.

I guess the cool part is that it will have no effect what-so-ever on guys that don't want to participate. If the implementation of it were to increase my monthly subscription I would have an issue. But since it's free, I won't complain a bit.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by McBrain:

something to do instead of troll trade chat.

anything that fits this category should be instituted. Keep /trade for business.

admittedly... I did engage in minor trolling last night. Well... grammar policing, really.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
Well honestly I bet they nerf the Boss pets because otherwise some would be OP, so now they'll have to have patches to balance the pets v pet combat.

And even if grunty were a boss Rag and DW are end raid bosses which trumps the non-end bosses.

BTW which blizzcon was grunty from? if you say 2011 I'll be ticked because I have it on my DVR (ie I paid for it) but never got the code for the pet.

Caelharrad
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad to DownLow

to DownLow
said by DownLow:

Well..I guess since Blizzard is making me pay for Pokemon, I will have to do this.

* edit * - so now we all get to play huntaards?

Hunter here. Thanks for the (hopefully sarcastic) putdown.

And, it's title is misleading. They're calling this "pet battles", but it's actually companions doing the battling, not hunter pets.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix

Grunty is the man and is undefeatable, I will accept no other opinions.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Mini-thor will beat him, grunty is just a murloc/space marine, thor is artiliry.
primeomega
join:2004-03-11
De Pere, WI

primeomega to Immer

to Immer
Sounds like Wizard101, a game my kid plays online. I wonder if they will let you breed your pets down the road for a new pet like Wizards does.
grekan12
join:2011-01-11

grekan12 to Immer

to Immer
Moonkin Hatchling will defeat all with it's cuteness!
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t to Immer

to Immer
Here is another random thought for the day.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to grekan12

Premium Member

to grekan12
said by grekan12:

Moonkin Hatchling will defeat all with it's cuteness!

If only you could herb the plants the moonkin puts down.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Vinceruos_t

Premium Member

to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

....yeah. Irony.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Immer:

said by Vinceruos_t:

....yeah. Irony.

The nicolas cage pick for that is better, though I can't find it, I think the actuall pick is from the movie "Kicka**"

Caelharrad
Fenton, MO

1 edit

1 recommendation

Caelharrad to Immer

to Immer
I just thought of one potentially awesome feature to this system. I will be able to battle (and hopefully annihilate in an extremely permanent fashion) the godforsaken singing sunflower that my wife's L74 mage likes to bring out while we're questing. Good Lord, do I hate that thing.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

How about to kill Lil'XT

I don't know which is more annoying LiL'XT or the train it wrecks.

Can you imagine LiL'Rag vs Lil'XT, Hardmode. (after all Rag has got to get a new mount.)