Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA

Need Suggestions for Server Selection

Good afternoon all,

I've decided to donate a little more life to WoW to play with a friend who's recently started for the first time. We're trying to find a server that's along these lines:

Alliance Side
Medium to Medium/Low Pop (Nothing high and not dead)
PvP if possible, EST mild preference but not too important

Any suggestions of which server / why that server would be greatly, greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
Curious that you guys want a Medium/Low pop Server.

US:Nathrezim is a low-pop PVP server. Our guild does not PVP, but nearly every other guild does. The AH economy is broken, unfortunately... our guild manages professions and gemming/gearing for our members in-house. Casual guild, but our raiding schedule is primarily tue/wed 10pm~midnight EST. The rest of the time is spent in dungeons, dailies, and leveling alts.

/tradetroll report: the big alliance guilds are primarily college age PVPers with a penchant for trolling. If you like smack-talk, and fart jokes, should be a good time for ya.

Pride and Ego is a mature, family-oriented, casual raiding Alliance guild. One of my Officers is going to start leading some PVP events.
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

I'd rather hang out with friends and collect gear, mounts, and achievements that don't require me to beat up on the weaker kid.

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA
Thanks so much for the response!

My wife and I actually prefer the larger servers, as all of our WoW-ly possessions live on Sargeras. Our friend and his girlfriend were hoping for something not quite as packed as Sargeras.

How broken is the broken AH? When I checked out Chromaggus (where they rolled) there were only 500 items listed and 7 people online on a saturday morning.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
you can check out what is on the AH atm here: »theunderminejournal.com/ ··· athrezim

quatra
Premium
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC
reply to Eumaeus
I don't think you've given us enough information to make an informed decision. I could recommend Black Dragonflight, it's EST located on the east coast new york server farm. The origins of the server involved some of the worlds top raid guilds and although it is no longer the case the average skill level of the community is higher than typical. The alliance side is medium/medium low pop horde outnumber alliance 2:1 so the server as a whole is medium/medium high. There are only 3 alliance guilds that have 8/8H and 24 that have at least 1 heroic DS boss down. By contrast one of my other servers illidan has over 100 guilds with 8/8H - it is the highest pop server though.

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA
Thank you for the reply & info quatra. This definitely sounds like one good candidate for us.

I wish I could provide more info about our needs. It's a bit of an odd situation where we have newer players that don't want to feel overwhelmed on a huge server along with vanilla veterans who want to make sure they'll be able to find a decent raiding/progression guild at level cap.

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA
Hey neighbor. I was on an RPPvP server called Ravenholdt some time back. It's not really a big deal if you dont RP but most of people there were generally helpful and mature. The population skewed towards the horde side more but there were plenty of alliance players there as well. horde:alliance was like 2:1.

i'm currently on Emerald Dream but it is a very high pop server. The great thing is that there is world pvp goin on on a nightly basis.
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

Ramikor

@ultzindustries.com
reply to Eumaeus
I don't have any real basis for comparison, but Galakrond may fit your needs. I think it's something like 4:1 alliance, and I think the popluation / activity level is appropriate to what you're looking for. The economy is not great, but it functions reasonably well. I do not PvP very much, but when I have I think the BG queue times are generally > 5 min. It has its share of trolls and morons, but also its share of good players and decent people. I think there are two guilds that are 8/8H, and another 8 or so that are 6/8H, with maybe something like 30-40 guilds that have completed some heroic content. However, it is a west coast server.

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA
reply to Eumaeus
Thanks to all who replied! After visiting the server and checking wowprogress we'll be going with Black Dragonflight. Have a great day!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Awesome. Best of luck to you and your friends!