All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
omghi2u
join:2001-02-05

omghi2u

[TiVo] Any update on whether or not the Q will be available alon

Just curious if there is any hope in getting the Q as a standalone (without the preview)? I am dying for 4 tuners and if its never going to happen, I may just get the bundle and never use the preview (put it in my closet). Thanks!

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium Member
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA

rcnman

Premium Member

Re: [TiVo] Any update on whether or not the Q will be available

Call Support the codes for these should be close to being open, for both TiVo Q Standalone and Preview Standalone.
omghi2u

omghi2u

Thanks for the update Jason! Called in, not in system yet. Will try again next week.

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium Member
Herndon, VA

rcnman

Premium Member

Should be open.. Let me verify
rcnman

rcnman

Premium Member

These codes are indeed open across all markets, I'm going to write a update note to all of you in a couple days so you can know whats coming and such..
wbertram
Premium Member
join:2005-08-19
Allentown, PA

wbertram

Premium Member

Jason,

Could you summarize what size hard drives are in the Premiere and Premier Q that are presently available from RCN? I would like to get a Q with the 2 GB hard drive that comes with the retail Premiere XL4.

Walt
omghi2u

omghi2u to rcnman

to rcnman
Awesome - thank you! Had to ask for a supervisor and he had to manually search for the new code. $24.95 for the Q versus $29.95 for the Q+Preview bundle. Going to pick it up Monday.

Anyone have any idea if its possible to transfer season passes from my RCN premiere to the new RCN Q? Or am I stuck having to start from scratch and enter manually?

shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium Member
join:2009-03-02
Bath, PA

shadyman777

Premium Member

said by omghi2u:

Anyone have any idea if its possible to transfer season passes from my RCN premiere to the new RCN Q? Or am I stuck having to start from scratch and enter manually?

If you do it right apparently yes. I somehow screwed it up and had to input my season passes again. I would try calling TIVO first before you do anything. I called after and it was too late.
jonbrach
join:2005-03-31
New York, NY

jonbrach

i never knew you could transfer settings from one unit to another?Is this correct?
omghi2u

omghi2u

Jason - one more question - any update on whether or not RCN will get the transcoder add-on that lets you stream from the Tivo to a phone/tablet?
omghi2u

omghi2u

Answering my own question, you can transfer season passes via Tivo.com.
mjr
Premium Member
join:2003-09-18
Bethlehem, PA

mjr

Premium Member

said by omghi2u:

Answering my own question, you can transfer season passes via Tivo.com.

I believe both have to be active on the same account. I swapped a defective TiVo out once, and by the time I got home, the box I had just returned was already removed from the account, and POOF, the season passes were inaccessible. This was about 1 year ago. I don't know if the website has changed any since in this regard.
omghi2u

omghi2u

Correct.
omghi2u

omghi2u

I've been getting not activated error messages ever since I hooked up the Q. Its also affecting at least one of my other tivos. Took a long time on the phone to be re-provisioned and that didn't help. What seems to help is a hard reboot of the box. Any ideas on how this can be fixed?
omghi2u

omghi2u

Still happening...

A sign that the error is going to start is when I lose control of fast forward, pause, etc when playing back a show DVR'd.

I've also missed a couple recordings that are season passes presumably because the box will randomly think its not activated.

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium Member
Herndon, VA

rcnman

Premium Member

htekjosh, send me your TSN and I'll have someone reach out to u.
omghi2u

omghi2u

Sent.
omghi2u

omghi2u

Happened again today/tonight. Came home to none of my shows recorded and a not activated error message. This is getting old...
omghi2u

omghi2u

Still happening. Missed my recordings tonight.

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium Member
Herndon, VA

rcnman

Premium Member

going to put a ticket in and get you mapped to the new software, if that doesn't fix it then we need to roll a truck.. can you send me a PM with your TSN's just so I'm sure I got them.
omghi2u

omghi2u

said by rcnman:

going to put a ticket in and get you mapped to the new software, if that doesn't fix it then we need to roll a truck.. can you send me a PM with your TSN's just so I'm sure I got them.

PM sent. Thank you!
omghi2u

omghi2u

So far no issues with the new software. My shows are recording as normal and I haven't seen the activation error since. I will report back if it starts again. Thank you for the help!!