travelguy

join:1999-09-03
Santa Fe, NM

1 edit
reply to Oedipus

New Mexico

Click for full size
Bill Note
It's just a note in the "News from Comcast" section.

TriForce

join:2008-05-27
Chico, CA

Re: [Speed] Northeast speed changes coming.

Sweet! Sounds like it is moving west.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
reply to travelguy
What are the new prices?

Mggray17

join:2009-01-28
Barnegat, NJ
reply to travelguy
I am the Toms River NJ system. My bill says i'm on the performance tier. I'm currently getting 25/4 speeds. Can I expect an increase to 50 based on the above (News from Comcast post by TravelGuy). The original info I had seen mentioned Blast and Ultra tiers and not Performance.

travelguy

join:1999-09-03
Santa Fe, NM
reply to tshirt
No change in pricing AFAIK, other than the tier increase that was published a few weeks ago.

TriForce

Chico, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Mggray17
said by Mggray17:

I am the Toms River NJ system. My bill says i'm on the performance tier. I'm currently getting 25/4 speeds. Can I expect an increase to 50 based on the above (News from Comcast post by TravelGuy). The original info I had seen mentioned Blast and Ultra tiers and not Performance.

BLAST will be 50 so Performance would be around 25. Ultra is Xtreme 105.

Performace is currently 12/2, you're seeing PowerBoost.

Morac
Cat god

join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by TriForce:

said by Mggray17:

Except that according to this thread and the commercials, Performance isn't getting an increase as only "two of [Comcast's] top tiers" are getting a boost.

Performance is currently 16/2 (more with Powerboost).
--
The Comcast Disney Avatar has been retired.

Mggray17

join:2009-01-28
Barnegat, NJ
reply to travelguy
failure to quote no 2. Anyway once again I was referring to Travelguys post that mentions Performance and Blast speed increases and not Blast and Ultra.

TriForce

Chico, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Morac
said by Morac:

said by TriForce:

said by Mggray17:

Except that according to this thread and the commercials, Performance isn't getting an increase as only "two of [Comcast's] top tiers" are getting a boost.

Performance is currently 16/2 (more with Powerboost).

I see, you have 16/2 for Performance. I have 12 up to 15, on my bill. That's maybe where the confusion lays.

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

2 recommendations

said by TriForce:

I see, you have 16/2 for Performance. I have 12 up to 15, on my bill. That's maybe where the confusion lays.

The confusion is intentional. Comcast markets their products with different specs (and prices) in different areas. If you don't actually know what you are paying for, you can't complain if you don't get it (or if a friend or relative in another area is getting more for less). And of course, by including PowerBoost, (or not including it in some cases) that confusion factor is greatly magnified.
--
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower