Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bruin23
Premium
join:2004-06-17
San Francisco, CA

Looking for an apartment

I'm moving back to SF next month after graduating college to start a new job and am looking for an apartment to rent. Does anyone have any tips? I've been looking on craigslist but haven't been too successful in finding anything. I'm looking for a 1 bedroom apt up to $1600, area doesn't really matter as long as it's not a bad one.

Thanks!

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
Avoid the Tenderloin and the Civic Center area and avoid parts of the Mission. I used to live in Oakland years ago, so I am familiar with a few good/bad areas. In Oakland, Lake Merritt would be your best best especially since you'll be close to BART, downtown, and AC Transit lines.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

bruin23
Premium
join:2004-06-17
San Francisco, CA
Thanks for the help, yeah I know those are pretty bad areas. I lived in San Francisco for 13 years before moving to San Mateo so I know the city pretty well. Any suggestions for using craigslist? I've contacted quite a few people but no one seems to reply.

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

1 recommendation

I can suggest friends or family that are looking to rent a room (at least until you are able to get one on your own), ask co-workers of any leads, and check any rental agencies (if they are still left).

EDIT: Don't be afraid of branching out to other cities, especially those that are close to BART.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben