uniqs
share rss forum feed

Datagg
Limitations Are Only In The Mind

join:2002-04-13
Mesa, AZ

2 edits

HR24 Question....

Its a real pain.. Scenario. Lizard lick has a replay at 11:00 yet first run is at 7. i erase Lizard Lick, then go to the guide and tell it to record series at the 11 time slot.. yet it still insists to record 7 time slot each and every week.

Is there something wrong.. i don't recall this happening before. Why cant I tell the system to record a series at another time, or even another day.. Its a bunch of bull, as there are many times there are shows that collide time wise... Anwyays, system is a HR24. is there a way around this, or is this how Direct TV works.. If so, im gonna blot as that is just crap...

Thanks
--
Videocard: XFX 5970 BE
Processor: i7-920 @ 4.0
Mainboard: Asus P6T Deluxe
Memory: CORSAIR XMS3 6GB(3 x 2GB)
Soundcard: Creative XiFi
PSU: Tt Toughpower 1200W

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY
That's the way it works on mine too. It has something to do with "first runs only" and where the title is located on the priority list. I haven't bothered to go into it any deeper. But this is Satellite Internet, you might get a more comprehensive answer in Satellite TV; Try »Cable & Satellite TV

//greg//
--
HN7000S - 98cm Prodelin/2w "pure" Osiris - ProPlus - G16/1001H - NOC:GTN - NAT 67.142.115.130 - Gateway 66.82.25.10 - DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 15/MSIE9 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2012

sharkyyoung
Premium
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV
reply to Datagg
YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO TO THE MENU AAND DO A SMART SEARCH FOR YOUR PROGRAM, HIGHLIGHT THE ONE YOU WANT TO WATCH AND HIT RECORD. IT SHOULD GIVE YOU ALL THE TIMES AND DAYS IT IS SHOWING.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Datagg
It worked fine for me with game of thrones
if a conflict it'd record the later showing.

mine is set to first run, keep all, and till disk is full

it seems it pick based on the serise priority, so lower the priority of lizard and if there are 2 shows in the time slot you want to record it should bump it to the later airing.

Or you could upgrade to an HR34 and have 5 real tuners.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member

join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Knology
reply to Datagg
That's the way series recordings work. The 7pm showing is the NEW one. The 11pm is now a repeat. If it could not record the 7pm for some reason, it will fall back to the 11pm.

What you can do if it's a recording conflict, say 3 shows needed at 7pm, set the one like you do at 11pm and then move it down your priority order so the other 7pms get 1st shot. It would then default over to the 11pm each time due to a "recording conflict" at 7pm.

Or you could setup a repeating manually recording for 11pm each week (or whatever). BUT, it will key off the time and NOT the actual show.
--
Certified Jenius!

Datagg
Limitations Are Only In The Mind

join:2002-04-13
Mesa, AZ
Thanks guys.... All makes sense now.. Still wanna get my hands on that new HR34 though.... yet this will do for now...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
I too want to get a HR34 but if I did then I'd lose access to the recondings on my esata drive (unless I move the esata with my HR20)

but i would want my esata on the DVR I'M using

herdfan
Premium
join:2003-01-25
Hurricane, WV
No just keep the HR20 and use the Whole Home DVR system. You would still have access to those recordings. Of course it would cost you an extra $9 a month. And you would have to get another eSATA drive. But it is possible.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Ya thats the thing if the DVR isn't in my room then I won't leave the esata connected.

I have my TV/DVR/Esata/xbox360/roku/PI/HD-DVD drive all on a UPS and none of the other TV's in the house have a UPS.

so I'd end up worried about the esata drive.

anie

join:2012-08-08
reply to Datagg
Its a real pain.. Scenario. Lizard lick has a replay at 11:00 yet first run is at 7. i erase Lizard Lick, then go to the guide and tell it to record series at the 11 time slot.. yet it still insists to record 7 time slot each and every week.

Is there something wrong.. i don't recall this happening before. Why cant I tell the system to record a series at another time, or even another day.. Its a bunch of bull, as there are many times there are shows that collide time wise... Anwyays, system is a HR24. is there a way around this, or is this how Direct TV works.. If so, im gonna blot as that is just crap...