spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sgc7
join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL

sgc7

Windows Media Center

I haven't used Windows Media Center with WOW! since before the digital transition. Now, while trying to configure it again (standard ClearQAM tuner, no CableCARD), it does not work. All I get are the HD channels. I don't have 2-199. I tried two different operating systems. I just need it to work for a room that already has a PC in it, isn't used often, and doesn't have a Media Player in it.

Using Vista and an AMD TV650U combo unit, all I get is static regardless of the options I select.

Using 7 and an AMD TV750U, all I get are the HD channels.

Did WOW! update the listings with Microsoft (or whatever partner relays the info to MS) since the transition so that WMC knows to look for digital channels, or am I missing something?

If anyone has gotten this to work with a standard non-CableCARD tuner, please let me know.

Thanks!
adam1991
join:2012-06-16
united state

adam1991

Works fine here in Columbus with Hauppauge 2250.

Here's a thought: find a TV with a QAM tuner and have it scan for channels, and see what you get.
titlex
join:2000-10-30
Naperville, IL

titlex to sgc7

to sgc7
You have to manually enter the channels.
adam1991
join:2012-06-16
united state

adam1991 to sgc7

to sgc7
It's true, you will get the channels but 7MC doesn't use the virtual channel numbers that WOW provides. (To be fair, not all TVs use the virtual channel numbers, either.)

Media Center will find the channels, but you'll have to go in manually and match them up with a guide source.
Crooze
join:2003-05-31
Lewis Center, OH

Crooze to sgc7

to sgc7
Also in Columbus using a Silicon Dust HDHR3.

Big Jimmy
@wideopenwest.com

Big Jimmy to sgc7

Anon

to sgc7
It SHOULD pick up the channels, though I doubt they'll correctly map back to a TV station. Since it's not picking up anything, I'd guess you've got an issue there with the signal. If possible, run JUST the PC on your cable (either take the PC back to where it comes into the house, or remove the other splitters) and see if it works.
sgc7
join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL

sgc7

I have been able to get the following:

1) The channels that are broadcast in analog still (2-20 or something like that)

2) The HD channels that are broadcast in ClearQAM. I'll have some free time this week to test it out; possibly today.
titlex
join:2000-10-30
Naperville, IL

titlex

You need to go into settings, guide, add missing channels and add them manually.

print out the channel guide that gives the QAM number (i.e. 45.55) and then you will need to match that channel to the listings for the channel.

Pain in the butt, but that is what you need to do for WMC.
EricLEdberg
join:2011-07-18
Naperville, IL

EricLEdberg to sgc7

to sgc7
Re: Windows Media Center
I have one of the old HD Homerun boxes. When I scan using MCE it only shows the standard/default HD channels. I then use the tool silicon dust provides that updates MCE with the missing channels.

As others suggest, unless your tuner manufacturer provides a tool to automatically adjust the channels in MCE using channels identified by the tuner manufacture scan programs then you will have to add them manually.

Eric Edberg