HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to vue666

Premium Member

to vue666

Re: [Serious] Scarborough block party turns violent

Bring in the army. let them roll thru these neighbourhoods with armored vehicles and guns drawn...

Let's see these hoods then....
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned) to Gone

to Gone
said by Gone:

And don't even get me started on his meddling in affairs that the police should keep their nose out of, as Bill Blair so aptly put the other day.

You mean the same Bill Blair who, as the president of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, has hired three registered lobbyists to do "government liaison" on his behalf?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Fantino was and still is a thug, Bill Blair is a politician.

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

Mashiki to WNGFAN 1

to WNGFAN 1
»www.reddit.com/r/toronto ··· t_house/

People should read the thread, especially those that want some more info.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to IamGimli

Premium Member

to IamGimli
said by IamGimli:

You mean the same Bill Blair who, as the president of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, has hired three registered lobbyists to do "government liaison" on his behalf?

I didn't say he was perfect. Fantino was just far worse.
Gone

Gone to CrazyCanuckz

Premium Member

to CrazyCanuckz
said by CrazyCanuckz :

I like this idea it will get rid of the drug dealers living in TCHC housing.

It's a silly idea that solves nothing. All it does it force them elsewhere in the city, which in turn will drive down property values.

It is also worthwhile that a landlord, including a public housing corporation, has the legal right to evict anyone for drug activity on the premises. The form is an N6 available at »www.ltb.gov.on.ca/stdpro ··· 1569.pdf.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Gone:

said by CrazyCanuckz :

I like this idea it will get rid of the drug dealers living in TCHC housing.

It's a silly idea that solves nothing. All it does it force them elsewhere in the city, which in turn will drive down property values.

It is also worthwhile that a landlord, including a public housing corporation, has the legal right to evict anyone for drug activity on the premises. The form is an N6 available at »www.ltb.gov.on.ca/stdpro ··· 1569.pdf.

It also does nothing, in the sense that most "established" drug dealers don't live in the neighborhoods where their product is sold. They usually cut smaller amounts that they outsource to local smaller or "retail" dealers.

If the retail dealer gets busted, someone just pops up to replace them, because they aren't the main source of the drugs.

I_H8_Spam
join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam

WTF, TO Police/Crown are aiming low here

19-year-old Nahom Tsegazab of Toronto had been charged with reckless discharge of a firearm.

»www.cbc.ca/news/canada/t ··· ged.html

How did he become in possession? Did he injure/kill any of the party-goers?

BTW -

244.2. Discharging firearm — recklessness

Punishment

(a) if a restricted firearm or prohibited firearm is used in the commission of the offence or if the offence is committed for the benefit of, at the direction of or in association with a criminal organization, is liable to imprisonment for a term of not more than 14 years and to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of

(i) five years, in the case of a first offence, and

edit: maybe this was needed to get him incarcerated, but with such a "low" level charge he will be granted bail unless additional charges are levied.

Kalford
Seems To Be An Rtfm Problem.
MVM
join:2001-03-20
Ontario

Kalford

MVM

Bail might not be that automatic. . . .as the charge may fall under the "reverse onus" amendments that were introduced a few years back.

crazycanuck
@teksavvy.com

crazycanuck to El Quintron

Anon

to El Quintron
Another shooting they say it seems to be related to the previous shooting. This can get ugly.

»www.torontosun.com/2012/ ··· rce-says
crazycanuck

crazycanuck to I_H8_Spam

Anon

to I_H8_Spam
Wow the guy kills two people and injure more than a dozen people and he gets only 5 years? Heck he be shooting again once he gets out. Why do they even bother arresting the guy? lol
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

Could it be he was only charged with reckless firearm, because his bullets weren't the ones who hit other people, and its someone else who hit the people who were killed?

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to crazycanuck

Premium Member

to crazycanuck
said by crazycanuck :

Another shooting they say it seems to be related to the previous shooting. This can get ugly.

»www.torontosun.com/2012/ ··· rce-says

This is a blood feud now, so unless one side backs down, they all die, or eveyone associate with this ends up in jail, we may be in for a long one.

I_H8_Spam
join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam to resa1983

to resa1983
said by resa1983:

Could it be he was only charged with reckless firearm, because his bullets weren't the ones who hit other people, and its someone else who hit the people who were killed?

CBC updated the story
quote:
Const. Wendy Drummond told CBC News that Tsegazab’s charge is linked to people who were injured, but not killed.
So where is the Assault charge, Attempted murder? You pray and spray then only get a reckless discharge kick? Oh Canada.
Expand your moderator at work

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to I_H8_Spam

Premium Member

to I_H8_Spam

In most parts of the US, merely being involved in a criminal activity that results in a death gets you charged with murder, even if you weren't the one who actually killed anyone.

Not saying I necessarily agree with such a concept, but it's worthwhile to point out. If this happened stateside, he would have been charged with murder even if his bullets weren't directly related to the deaths.
Expand your moderator at work
NCRGuy
join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy to I_H8_Spam

to I_H8_Spam

said by I_H8_Spam:

said by resa1983:

CBC updated the story
quote:
Const. Wendy Drummond told CBC News that Tsegazab’s charge is linked to people who were injured, but not killed.
So where is the Assault charge, Attempted murder? You pray and spray then only get a reckless discharge kick? Oh Canada.

They will likely come once they have their ducks in a row. This is a charge that is likely easier for them to prove, and allows them to get him off the street now, buying a little more time to dot i's and cross t's with any others.

crazycanuck
@teksavvy.com

crazycanuck

Anon

McGuinty wants to ban hand guns. These guys seriously need to be kicked out of office. Ford and McGuinity either don't have a clue what they are doing or on drugs.

Banning hand guns won't change a thing. When police actually crack down on drug dealers things will change.

»thechronicleherald.ca/ca ··· shooting
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to Gone

to Gone
said by Gone:

In most parts of the US, merely being involved in a criminal activity that results in a death gets you charged with murder, even if you weren't the one who actually killed anyone.

Not saying I necessarily agree with such a concept, but it's worthwhile to point out. If this happened stateside, he would have been charged with murder even if his bullets weren't directly related to the deaths.

I wonder how this plays into murder rates difference in Canada and USA?
vue666

vue666 (banned) to crazycanuck

to crazycanuck
Yeah banning works so well... Did it eliminate prostitution? How about prohibition did it end alcohol consumption? How's it working against drugs?

Banning something only creates a very lucrative market for criminals...

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to crazycanuck

to crazycanuck
said by crazycanuck :

McGuinty wants to ban hand guns. These guys seriously need to be kicked out of office. Ford and McGuinity either don't have a clue what they are doing or on drugs.

Banning hand guns won't change a thing. When police actually crack down on drug dealers things will change.

»thechronicleherald.ca/ca ··· shooting

Outside a gun range, it makes sense. The UK has even more strict handgun regulation than Canada and as has been shown above, has a lower murder rate.
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned) to WNGFAN 1

to WNGFAN 1
Is it against the law to possess bombs? Yet the Aurora shooter was able to booby trap his apartment...

And prohibition worked so well? How's the ban on recreational drugs working?

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
said by DKS:

Outside a gun range, it makes sense. The UK has even more strict handgun regulation than Canada and as has been shown above, has a lower murder rate.

Vermont allows concealed carry without a permit; if an 18 year old decides he wants to walk outside his home with a gun strapped to him, he doesn't need to ask anyone.

Vermont is in the lowest 49th state in crime rankings... out of how many states?

El Paso, Texas... ranked as one of the safest cities in all of USA - "Texas poised to allow guns on campuses - El Paso Times"

Whatever plausible, opportunistic arguments you may have for gun control, trying to prove it with crime rates is futile as it can easily be proven that there are areas that openly allow people to carry guns and have the lowest crime rates.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to WNGFAN 1

Premium Member

to WNGFAN 1
3 more shootings last night..

this is getting insane...

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to urbanriot

to urbanriot
said by urbanriot:

Whatever plausible, opportunistic arguments you may have for gun control, trying to prove it with crime rates is futile as it can easily be proven that there are areas that openly allow people to carry guns and have the lowest crime rates.

The crime rates for handguns have been posted earlier. Gun control works at a whole bunch of levels, except for those who think believe they are so exceptional that their right to own a gun means they can walk anywhere and do anything. There are rules in place for a whole bunch of good reasons. This is just another example of why we need and have strong gun control legislation and have in Canada (except for the Damned Reformatories and their foolish destruction of the gun registry to kow-tow to their voter base).

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS

TLS2000

Premium Member

Yes, heaven forbid they should do what they were elected to do.
vue666 (banned)

vue666 (banned) to DKS

to DKS
Still believe criminals would register their firearms, eh...

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to NCRGuy

Premium Member

to NCRGuy
said by NCRGuy:

They will likely come once they have their ducks in a row. This is a charge that is likely easier for them to prove, and allows them to get him off the street now, buying a little more time to dot i's and cross t's with any others.

agreed...a "high end" charge requires a much higher burden of proof, and rather than "start" the early stages of charges/court proceedings, and have him out on bail, you can start low to get him off the streets, then as the evidence starts to come in, pile on the more serious charges...this happens fairly often, actually.

crazycanuck
@teksavvy.com

crazycanuck to DKS

Anon

to DKS
Two more shootings overnight. Separate locations.

I guess one shouldn't go out a night. Most violent crimes occur at night.

»toronto.ctvnews.ca/toron ··· 1.887860