uniqs
Expand your moderator at work
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to WNGFAN 1

to WNGFAN 1

Re: [Serious] Scarborough block party turns violent

Toronto shooting victim's grandfather pleads for witnesses to come forth....

»www.cbc.ca/news/canada/t ··· ing.html

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to WNGFAN 1

Premium Member

to WNGFAN 1
No one saw nothing.
donoreo

donoreo to WNGFAN 1

Premium Member

to WNGFAN 1
Comments on the story about the grandfather asking for witnesses:

" He would have a better chance if he called Batman."

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

fourboxers to vue666

Mod

to vue666

(topic move) [Serious] Scarborough block party turns violent

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all followups to it), have been removed.
Expand your moderator at work

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

TLS2000 to WNGFAN 1

Premium Member

to WNGFAN 1

Re: [Serious] Scarborough block party turns violent

The real question is how are the police going to respond to this? I can see a gang war breaking out and getting out of control if the gangs and guns task force doesn't slap ALL of the parties down real quick.

edit: By parties I mean people, not block parties. lol

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by TLS2000:

The real question is how are the police going to respond to this? I can see a gang war breaking out and getting out of control if the gangs and guns task force doesn't slap ALL of the parties down real quick.

edit: By parties I mean people, not block parties. lol

They will do the usual, but if no one tells them anything what can they do?

TLS2000
Premium Member
Elmsdale, NS

TLS2000

Premium Member

I'm sure they have SOME dirt on most of these gangs. I don't care if they go the whole Eliot Ness route and nail them all for tax evasion as long as they find a way to get them off the streets.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by TLS2000:

I'm sure they have SOME dirt on most of these gangs. I don't care if they go the whole Eliot Ness route and nail them all for tax evasion as long as they find a way to get them off the streets.

They know all sorts of things. Just nothing that will do any good an getting them off the street.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to TLS2000

Premium Member

to TLS2000
said by TLS2000:

Please... there's not enough balls and political will to make that happen.

The community would scream racism, profiling, discrimination, yadayada...

TLS2000
Premium Member
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR

TLS2000

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

Please... there's not enough balls and political will to make that happen.

The community would scream racism, profiling, discrimination, yadayada...

I'm not sure that the vocal minority would win in this case. There is pure outrage that 25 people got shot. This is nation wide outrage and I'm sure that political will can be backed up by the electorate in this case.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

There would have to be more of this... They keep calling all these shootings "isolated incidents" and that Toronto is safe.

Until they stop doing that, and increase instead of cut police services, it'll get worse.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

We don't need to increase out police services, we need them to work.

I see them hiding in out of the way places all the time, chatting each other up.

Try going to Rouge Beach Park, or at end of Taylor Creek Park,then there is behind the Home Depot on Curity Ave, to mention 3 places I see them "exchanging information" on a regular basis.

And lets not forget the paid duty officers who use POLICE RESOURCES to earn money being a glorified security guard/flagman.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

There would have to be more of this... They keep calling all these shootings "isolated incidents" and that Toronto is safe.
Until they stop doing that, and increase instead of cut police services, it'll get worse.

Despite all this recent violence, Toronto is still the safest major city in North America and one of the safest on the entire continent.

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

We don't need to increase out police services, we need them to work.

I see them hiding in out of the way places all the time, chatting each other up.

Try going to Rouge Beach Park, or at end of Taylor Creek Park,then there is behind the Home Depot on Curity Ave, to mention 3 places I see them "exchanging information" on a regular basis.

And lets not forget the paid duty officers who use POLICE RESOURCES to earn money being a glorified security guard/flagman.

I agree.
I have actual photos at beaches or at any Timmis.
One new place I found is Pharmacy and Sheppard. Right where Pharmacy south end near 401. You will see cars there many many times. Either right on the road or in parking lot where baseball diamond is.

TLS2000
Premium Member
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR

TLS2000 to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

What resources would those be? The police cars which are paid for? Or the off duty police officer who is trying to make a few extra bucks on the side? Or do you mean administration of the paid duty program where they charge a 15% surcharge on top of the paid duty police officers?

Being in security, I have to say it's really quite useful to have paid duty police around when they are needed. I would rather let a paid duty police officer deal with an arrest than do it myself. I have more restrictions on me.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

He means the paid duty officers who stand around when there's city construction going on...

And I believe that's somehow required by law.
HiVolt

1 recommendation

HiVolt to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by HiVolt:

Despite all this recent violence, Toronto is still the safest major city in North America and one of the safest on the entire continent.

Then nothing will get done to target these thugs.

Maybe if they start charging them with indecent exposure because their pants are at their knees

TLS2000
Premium Member
Elmsdale, NS

TLS2000 to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
Must be a crazy Toronto bylaw. I rarely see paid duty officers guarding a telephone pole in Mississauga.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Then nothing will get done to target these thugs.

Claiming that Toronto isn't safe achieves nothing, too.

On the contrary, the fact that Toronto is such a safe city for its size should make people more determined to nip this before it becomes a major issue and Toronto becomes the same shithole as every other major Northeastern US city.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo to WNGFAN 1

Premium Member

to WNGFAN 1
Rob Ford is going to ask the province for more money to hire more police. He is also going to ask the federal government to increase minimum sentences for those with illegal weapons.

TLS2000
Premium Member
Elmsdale, NS

TLS2000

Premium Member

Which brings this into the CanPol realm.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to TLS2000

Premium Member

to TLS2000
said by TLS2000:

Must be a crazy Toronto bylaw. I rarely see paid duty officers guarding a telephone pole in Mississauga.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· VithzESc

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to TLS2000

Premium Member

to TLS2000
Tell me, why do we need the Police to "Guard" a street construction site.
elwoodblues

elwoodblues to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

He means the paid duty officers who stand around when there's city construction going on...

And I believe that's somehow required by law.

It's not, it's something they made up in Toronto.
TLS, it is Toronto Centric.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

1 recommendation

donoreo to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Some union says so.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

They don't come to an accident site (unless there is a personal injury), they won't come to your house if it gets broken into (report it on the phone).

But hey if you need a Police Officer to be a rent-a-cop, we got one available. It's very lucrative, and we the taxpayers are fronting the tab.

»www.toronto.ca/tfto/police.htm#5
elwoodblues

elwoodblues to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
I really like Mike Del Grande, he's actually an accountant and looks at the books like one. Unlike Comrade Millers (and aspiring Mayoralty Candidate) Shelly Carroll, who gave the loony left everything they wanted and more.

TLS2000
Premium Member
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR

TLS2000 to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

I can see some situations where they would be necessary, but not many. Mainly I'd say they'd need them for traffic control more than anything else. The only reason that they are needed for that is that we don't actually have to obey construction flag people when they tell us to stop.