uniqs

cowboyro
Premium Member
join:2000-10-11
CT

cowboyro to Draiman

Premium Member

to Draiman

Re: Central air conditioner on/off? Old wives tale?

said by Draiman:

Does that hard data take into account what the humidity can do to stuff in your house? Your comfort level? Life expectancy related to the extra stress a hot house can cause? A pissed off significant other or kids? Stall air on allergies? Way to many things to take into account for hard data to give a realistic answer to the OP's question. It's more of a personal choice given then situation and desired outcome.

It does nothing in a daily scenario. We are not talking about leaving the A/C off for a week, we are talking about leaving it off for few hours when nobody is home. No stress, no pissed off "others". If humidity becomes an issue then it's likely a cat can escape too...

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by cowboyro:

said by Draiman:

Does that hard data take into account what the humidity can do to stuff in your house? Your comfort level? Life expectancy related to the extra stress a hot house can cause? A pissed off significant other or kids? Stall air on allergies? Way to many things to take into account for hard data to give a realistic answer to the OP's question. It's more of a personal choice given then situation and desired outcome.

It does nothing in a daily scenario. We are not talking about leaving the A/C off for a week, we are talking about leaving it off for few hours when nobody is home. No stress, no pissed off "others". If humidity becomes an issue then it's likely a cat can escape too...

I didn't think you'd have a good way to wiggle out of that and you don't. I'm just glad it's all public so everyone can see your response.