Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

[Anime] Viz's Neon Alley service will be on PS3

So Viz's new creation, Neon Alley, a subscription based system will be streaming DUB ONLY shows from Viz's library, but focusing on new titles, like Inu Yasha: The Final Act, Blue Exorcist, Tiger & Bunny. In HD when available, and right to your PS3 console. (surely a 360 version is in the works, but they may be testing this on PS3 owners first) They also plan to run uncut Naruto, Bleach, (including movie premieres)

Now this is going to be a channel-like setup, where there is a set schedule apparently, as opposed to an on-demand like model. So you just have to hope the show you want to see is being shown during a time you can actually watch it. Really?

Add to that it will contain ads.

All for $7/mo.

Were it an on-demand model, I MIGHT give it a few months to try out, but this channel setup turns me off big time.

Check out the promo trailer:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfuOyRlo···embedded

I'll likely give it a try with the free trial, but I don't see myself paying for it.

Story:
»www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20···-console

Neon Alley website:
»neonalley.com/

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:4

I like the channel aspect of it, as it would allow me to be exposed to shows that I might not normally. The commercials wouldn't bother me if they were not the same ones over and over, which wont be the case. It will be the same ad over and over. Grumble.

I dislike that it is dubbed, and for that reason would likely not subscribe. I have a Crunchyroll subscription and piracy to meet my Anime needs. Short of a few series that I am collecting I will not pay for an inferior product. I also do not have a PS3, which I suppose would be the bigger road block.
--
STOP THE NSA WIRETAPS

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security
~Benjamin Franklin

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
reply to captokita

Any idea if this is a US only based service? Seems that most of the on line services seem to have a problem about remembering about us poor frozen folks north of the 49th parallel

NefCanuck

Dennis
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL
kudos:5
reply to captokita

Ok I admit I am slightly intriqued.