Search similar:

uniqs

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

How Appropriate...

AT&T has never done anything to save a customer money. I wouldn't have expected anything less from the Deathstar.

What's more interesting though is how everyone is calling it FaceTime over 3G....

It's a virtual certainty that the new iPhone this fall will be LTE capable.

If AT&T actually bothered to deploy a real 4G network, not this faux G crap they have or the EDGE that pops up everywhere, but actually invested beyond the 47 "so called" LTE markets in some attempt to catch Verizon which has over 300 and climbing, then we'd be calling it FaceTime over 4G or FaceTime over LTE.

I think AT&T's BS with this is going to push a lot of folks to Sprint. Sprint's LTE network has arrived just in time...

Go Sprint Go!

Pirate515
Premium Member
join:2001-01-22
Brooklyn, NY

Pirate515

Premium Member

said by IPPlanMan:

I think AT&T's BS with this is going to push a lot of folks to Sprint. Sprint's LTE network has arrived just in time...

Sprint's LTE network has only arrived in a few select cities so far. And while AT&T is slowly chugging along with their LTE deployment and is way behind Verizon on that, they are still way ahead of Sprint. So while it is almost a certainty that the next iPhone will be LTE, many Sprint users will be stuck with 3G for a while.

I will be dumping AT&T and moving over to Verizon when the next iPhone comes out. Surely, they are just as greedy as AT&T, but at least their connection speeds are far much better than those of AT&T (at least in my area).
amungus
Premium Member
join:2004-11-26
America

amungus

Premium Member

I wouldn't be so fast to dismiss Sprint's LTE deployment.

There are whispers of some people seeing it here and there for brief times.

In any case, I'd take Sprint ANY day over AT&T, regardless of speed.

Bet that Karl is right, and that they DO bill like this... you can then bet on Sprint's 'unlimited' ads suddenly having far more appeal...

Pirate515
Premium Member
join:2001-01-22
Brooklyn, NY

Pirate515

Premium Member

said by amungus:

Bet that Karl is right, and that they DO bill like this... you can then bet on Sprint's 'unlimited' ads suddenly having far more appeal...

That I agree with 100%. AT&T could have pulled this (and probably gotten away with it too) if they still had an exclusive on iPhone, but now that there are 2 alternatives here in the US who probably won't charge for the same, it's just plain stupid for AT&T do do this.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to Pirate515

Premium Member

to Pirate515
And while AT&T launches their LTE network which is largely being paid for by the increases in revenues from data, they're going to get people to move over to a less used network which should have more capacity, charge a premium for it AND still continue to cry that it's so limited in capacity.

So tell me, when does the crap end? Sooner or later they can tell at least one truth.. all of them!