uniqs

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to puppy

to puppy

Re: [D3] New level 60 demon hunter guide I found

Here's a post on Belial I found that might help you.

"For those stuck on Belial, this build tears him to pieces in 2 minutes with only 10k dps.

»us.battle.net/d3/en/calc ··· V!cYbYcY

The unlimited hatred lets you spam Cluster Bombs all day long and belial cops all 5 bombs plus the mortar explosion for 1100%+ dmg...woot...!

Grenadier could probably be swapped with cull the weak, not sure if 15% bonus dmg applies to belial though."

Zupe
MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY

Zupe

MVM

Hmm, I tried pretty much that exact build, except I was using the Loaded for Bear rune on Cluster Arrow instead of Cluster Bomb, maybe I'll give that one a try. Thanks.

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

1 edit

Draiman to puppy

to puppy
I'll be home in about 3 hours so just send me a PM if you want help on Belial. I can hop on my wiz or DH.

The other high damage one instead of Cluster Rocket w/Cluster Bombs is Rapid Fire w/Bombardement.
Draiman

Draiman to puppy

to puppy
I found a Tank DH calc people might like.
»jathra.zxq.net/index.php

Shows max possible stat rolls for every item type.
»www.d3rmt.com/guides/dia ··· -values/
Draiman

Draiman to puppy

to puppy
I think I'm as capped out as I can be without having 50-100m to dump into gear. I'm at 625-700 res, 6800 armor, 1500 LoH, 45000 health, and 13000 dps on my DH tank. Some combo's of elites will still kill me in 5 seconds while others I can tank forever even through enrage. In a group of 4 last night all 3 other people died on Ghom within the first 5% of his life so I ended up solo'ing Ghom while the other 3 people watched. It wasn't even close as my health never went down while tanking him in one spot not moving for anything.

Zupe
MVM
New York, NY

Zupe

MVM

How much have you spent on your current gear (and if you have an easy way to list it by piece, that would be great, if it's too much work to do though, don't bother)? I made it passed Belial and into Act III finally (I didn't really try much of Act III, as I was only on for a little while over the weekend), but I can already see that it's going to be more difficult than Act II was, as two of the three groups of elites I fought killed me rather easily.

The problem I'm running into trying to upgrade is that for prices I can afford, maybe around 1 million for a piece max, everything seems to be a tradeoff from what I have now, rather than an actual upgrade. I can raise my resists, but it lowers my armor and health, or raise my health, but I lose resists, etc. I'm thinking maybe I need to refocus certain pieces on certain stats, but from my AH searches so far, I haven't seen anything that would be a major improvement.

Thanks.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

I don't have any quotable references right now, but I ran across mention of DHs perma-locking mobs by having like 3% stun and 3% fear?, etc. With double crossbows, they can chain CC on mobs. Anyone else heard/tried this? I can see it being possible, since with high IAS they can shoot fast enough to trigger another CC before the first one wears off.

Edit: Why do people even post an item for 1,500,000,000 ?? I mean at $2.50 per 1M gold, that's $3750. I guess they are trying to find rich people as stupid as they are greedy... :P

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to puppy

to puppy
I didn't spend more then 400k on a single piece yet. Most pieces were in the 100-200k range. I ended up bidding on a few pieces to get good deals and just watching the ah randomly while watching tv to get the other good deals. Since I started the DH tank I'm down 2.5m total but some of that was resale and other characters. I'm guessing I have 1.5-1.75m into DH tanking right now. I got lucky on a weapon for example. It's a 1h xbow 768 dps, 149 vit, socket, & LoH 628 for about 150k. Those are normally 3-5m alone. A lot of my gear is worth 1-2m each but paid 200-400k for it.

I'll see if I can add up the gear costs from the log. Curious how much I have into it exactly.

Zupe
MVM
New York, NY

Zupe to puppy

MVM

to puppy
It seems like the tank DH build is most likely dead -
quote:
Caltrops (db)
Skill Rune – Jagged Spikes
Can no longer trigger procs

Chakram (db)
Skill Rune – Shuriken Cloud
Weapon damage increased from 30% to 34% Proc coefficient reduced from 0.333 to 0.125

Grenades (db)
Skill Rune – Gas Grenades
Proc coefficient reduced from 0.5 to 0.165
It's a shame, because since switching to this build, I'd actually been having a lot of fun with the game, and I was looking forward to the other changes they'd announced for this patch. I'll wait to actually see the changes and will look around and see if there's any way to substitute in other skills and maintain a relatively similar playstyle, but if not, I think this may be it for me for D3. I don't enjoy the glass cannon style in this game, and I don't feel like trying to level and gear another class, so I may not be left with much other choice.