spc
Search similar:

uniqs
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray

Why not?

If you want to use it, why aren't you willing to pay for it?

Why should the rest of us subsidize your vanity?
Expand your moderator at work

gballer
@reyrey.net

gballer to elray

Anon

to elray

Re: Why not?

im totally with you..

why should we pay for those other douchers? I dont care if you are paying for a data plan! can you believe these people who buy a data plan actually think they should be able to use that data for whatever they want?

what you're using that data for is now important and if you're going to facebook or some place with pictures whatever then you need to pay more...dont be trying to get stuff off my dime..!!

koolman2
Premium Member
join:2002-10-01
Anchorage, AK

koolman2 to elray

Premium Member

to elray
Nobody is subsidizing anything. People pay good money for their bucket of data and just want to use it how they want. Is that so much to ask?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to elray

Premium Member

to elray
Uh, don't users already pay for their data on these tiers? How would FaceTime not be included already in the 3GB tier?
elray
Santa Monica, CA

elray to koolman2

to koolman2
said by koolman2:

Nobody is subsidizing anything. People pay good money for their bucket of data and just want to use it how they want. Is that so much to ask?

As I've outlined before, data comes in different qualities and value.

I agree that in general, if they're selling you 3GB of general-purpose data transfer, you ought to be able to use it on the device you purchased it for - but FaceTime's requirements may not qualify as ordinary use, i.e. relatively high upload speeds in a network that's designed for downstream performance.

koolman2
Premium Member
join:2002-10-01
Anchorage, AK

koolman2

Premium Member

Then why not do the same thing on home connections? Oh, right, the whole net neutrality thing that doesn't apply to mobile networks.
elray
Santa Monica, CA

1 recommendation

elray

said by koolman2:

Then why not do the same thing on home connections? Oh, right, the whole net neutrality thing that doesn't apply to mobile networks.

Net neutrality theory needs to end, quickly, before it does even more damage.

If you think 150GB/250GB caps are bad now, wait until the Neutrality Police start enforcing "neutral" treatment, under IPV6.