spc
uniqs

PandCSmith
@wideopenwest.com

PandCSmith to PandCSmith

Anon

to PandCSmith

Arris TG862 Won't Log Into Banking Sites

WOW installed the Arris TG862 on Saturday.

Since then I can no longer log into a few secure web sites including my account with my Credit Union, on Chase.com and as funny as it sounds, the sales web site for WOW (I wanted to check the Ultra TV packages, and could not get on the site).

I am a novice at best when it comes to this stuff, but I can tell you that the Arris TG862 will not log into these accounts via wireless nor Ethernet.

I use a MacBook Pro running Firefox 14. Also have tried to log on using two different Toshiba laptops, both running Windows 7 and with IE and Chrome. Also tried using Safari on the Mac.

Nothing allows me to log onto these accounts. This problem did not occur until the Arris gateway was installed on Saturday.

Is there anything I can do on my end? WOW has tried resetting and changing settings to no avail.

A tech support person is coming out Friday.

Until then I remain frozen off a few web sites and accounts.

Makes no sense to me.
vortix
join:2012-07-23

vortix

I wonder if all of those sites are HTTPS sites. If so, perhaps it is some issue with outbound port 443 (standard port for HTTPS) on the gateway. It's too bad Wow requires an on-site tech to help...they should be able to handle this remotely as long as it is not a physical cabling or hardware problem. And my suspicion is that it's a gateway configuration problem. Hopefully the tech brings a new gateway box just in case. Worst case, if they can't find the setting that's causing this to happen, they could just swap the boxes out and move on with life.