uniqs

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium Member
join:2005-06-21
Seattle, WA

WiFiguru

Premium Member

[Southwest] Getting Verizon FiOS to go a block?

Hi there,

I recently moved into a multi unit building.

FiOS is in the area, and is actually about a block away down the alley ( verified by fiber optic cables going into houses)

I have permission from the owner of the building to get FiOS here, along with that some other tenants would love to have FiOS.

How hard would it be to get Verizon to run Fiber a few hundred feet?

Does anyone have success with this?

Onedollar
join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA

Onedollar

Building owner needs to talk with verizon enhanced communities to establish access license.

WiFiguru
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

WiFiguru

Premium Member

Ok, in this case I am representing the owner.

How do I get ahold of VZ Enhanced Communities?

EDIT: Nevermind. I'll give them a call and see what they can do.
lijacobs
join:2010-07-30
Woodmere, NY

lijacobs

»communities.verizon.com/ ··· ncontact

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9 to WiFiguru

to WiFiguru
Be prepared to wait a LONG time before getting a response, let alone an answer.

I've been through it once already-- took MONTHS to get an Engineering approval for a building across the street from another eligible property. I ordered, and when the installers showed up, nobody had given them instructions on the specific fiber path. So we waited another month for the engineer to come back and point where the fiber should be dug in.

Now I have 2 separate engineering tickets open for TWO MONTHS now, and they haven't even made contact with us yet. Both properties share a common property border (common lot line) with other properties already eligible for FIOS, so it "should" be a complete no-brainer to approve. But I've learned VZ moves slower than glaciers.

WiFiguru
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

WiFiguru

Premium Member

said by rebus9:

Be prepared to wait a LONG time before getting a response, let alone an answer.

I've been through it once already-- took MONTHS to get an Engineering approval for a building across the street from another eligible property. I ordered, and when the installers showed up, nobody had given them instructions on the specific fiber path. So we waited another month for the engineer to come back and point where the fiber should be dug in.

Now I have 2 separate engineering tickets open for TWO MONTHS now, and they haven't even made contact with us yet. Both properties share a common property border (common lot line) with other properties already eligible for FIOS, so it "should" be a complete no-brainer to approve. But I've learned VZ moves slower than glaciers.

Yikes, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully this will be (somewhat?) smooth.

Anon69
@verizon.net

Anon69 to rebus9

Anon

to rebus9
There's a good possibility whoever was handling that ticket got laid off or has way too much to do because of layoffs. Verizon wireline has been picked clean and continues to be.

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9

Are the wireline people handling fiber? I know the former is regulated while the latter is not.
Bob99
join:2001-12-07
Teaneck, NJ

Bob99

The Wireline "business segment," as Verizon calls it, handles everything that isn't wireless.
»www22.verizon.com/invest ··· nits.htm