how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

ttcole1254

join:2009-07-07
Saint Cloud, FL
reply to cmcasey79

Re: [Internet] Lightning Internet Corruption

Yeah usually every 1 out of 4 downloads matches, and I've gotten good copies back to back. I sure hope not every computer is bad.. that would be terrible. Now, the modem is connected to an extremely old surge protector, with everything in the entertainment center running on it (at least 10 devices) could a bad surge protector cause anything weird like this?

The replacement modem is plugged into the same protector. I completely forgot about the protector to be honest.

ttcole1254

Saint Cloud, FL
Okay this was odd.. I was watching YouTube on a wireless computer, when all of a sudden the video died, and Windows told me it couldn't get DNS working, and told me I had no Internet access through the modem. I disconnected and reconnected, and then it worked again. I think it was computer related though, and not the modem. I have to reinstall windows on this machine.

ttcole1254

Saint Cloud, FL

1 edit
Windows just informed me of a memory problem (meaning RAM) hmmm...

Windows Action Center
Your computer might be encountering a memory problem. Memory problems are typically caused by hardware failures, such as a problem with random access memory (RAM). If this is a memory problem and it's not fixed, you might lose information, or your computer might stop working.

I guess I'll run memtest86 overnight and see what happens.

After running memtest86+ for 9 hours last night, all the RAM came back as good.

ttcole1254

Saint Cloud, FL

1 edit
Okay it's all fixed. Turns out that the Motorola (both of them) were messed up somehow. They replaced it with an all in one Ubee, and all downloads successfully finish without any corruption. I'm confused beyond belief, but I'm just glad it works now.