how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

missy

join:2007-12-28
Tampa, FL

2 edits

[Tampa] Brighthouse and uBee / Lightning modem phone problems!

I have finally decided to downgrade my Lightning 40 MB service to 20 MB after a horrible experience with my uBee modem. I have not had any phone service for the past 20 hours. Complete disconnect.

I can't get a new modem until tomorrow night. My understanding is a subset of users using the uBee modem -- and all other brands of Lightning modems -- have an issue with their phones disconnecting unexpectedly and randomly and staying disconnected for extended or brief periods of time. With the uBee, supposedly it is due to them needing a firmware upgrade, although (a) the last firmware upgrade did not fix the issue, which begs the question: will the next firmware upgrade, when it happens (there is not one in the works at this time) really fix the issue?

All makes and models of Lightning modems are also affected.

I made the choice to downgrade after I completely lost all phone service and could not get any phone service back. By tomorrow when Brighthouse arrives I will have been without a phone for 48 hours! This modem seems dead in the water, although internet service is working.

Worse still, Brighthouse tech support cannot give a date when they expect this issue to be resolved for their customers! Their solution? Swap out the modem! To a possible modem that also has unreliable/intermittent issues. My solution? Downgrade to a more stable service until they get their act together.

It annoys me that they continue to offer this unreliable product to customers. I am not just talking about the uBee, as this is not confined to the uBee. It affects all makes and models of Lightning modems.

They need to figure out what is causing this and fix it. I wish I had a timetable of when it would be fixed. I do not know when it is safe to upgrade to 40MB again.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153

2 edits

Re: [Tampa] Brighthouse and uBee / Lightning modem phone problem

said by missy:

I have finally decided to downgrade my Lightning 40 MB service to 20 MB after a horrible experience with my uBee modem. I have not had any phone service for the past 20 hours. Complete disconnect.

I can't get a new modem until tomorrow night. My understanding is a subset of users using the uBee modem -- and all other brands of Lightning modems -- have an issue with their phones disconnecting unexpectedly and randomly and staying disconnected for extended or brief periods of time. With the uBee, supposedly it is due to them needing a firmware upgrade, although (a) the last firmware upgrade did not fix the issue, which begs the question: will the next firmware upgrade, when it happens (there is not one in the works at this time) really fix the issue?

All makes and models of Lightning modems are also affected.

I made the choice to downgrade after I completely lost all phone service and could not get any phone service back. By tomorrow when Brighthouse arrives I will have been without a phone for 48 hours! This modem seems dead in the water, although internet service is working.

Worse still, Brighthouse tech support cannot give a date when they expect this issue to be resolved for their customers! Their solution? Swap out the modem! To a possible modem that also has unreliable/intermittent issues. My solution? Downgrade to a more stable service until they get their act together.

It annoys me that they continue to offer this unreliable product to customers. I am not just talking about the uBee, as this is not confined to the uBee. It affects all makes and models of Lightning modems.

They need to figure out what is causing this and fix it. I wish I had a timetable of when it would be fixed. I do not know when it is safe to upgrade to 40MB again.

I understand how you feel but you have been given some incorrect information. Open a direct forums thread here with your modem MAC and IP and I will get this taken care of for you once and for all and you can keep your Lightning. This is an easy fix
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

missy

Tampa, FL
I am very desperate and I am also unsure about what to do. I will do as you suggest and can we at least talk about all of the options first so I can decide? Thank you very much.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by missy:

I am very desperate and I am also unsure about what to do. I will do as you suggest and can we at least talk about all of the options first so I can decide? Thank you very much.

Missy I can have this handled so fast you will be happy. Open a direct forums thread here »Bright House Networks Direct

Include your current IP address and I will start the proces right now and we will talk in the morning as well. Let's start with please accept my apologies for this frustration...it was entirely unnecessary.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

missy

Tampa, FL
Thank you BHNtechXpert for EVERYTHING! I feel sooo much better. Thank you for resolving this matter! This forum is lucky to have you.

It is done, I have kept my Lightning after all, and I am one happy customer! All because of BHNtechXpert. Otherwise I would have dropped it for sure. Thank you!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to missy
Thank you Missy it was my pleasure...let me know if you need anything and I'll be in touch mid next week at the very latest to followup and to discuss the other issues we discussed.

missy

Tampa, FL
I just realized it cut off my kudos to you. I had a lot more to say, but I guess it only allows me to say so much. LOL.

Thanks again and that sounds great. Have a good week!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by missy:

I just realized it cut off my kudos to you. I had a lot more to say, but I guess it only allows me to say so much. LOL.

Thanks again and that sounds great. Have a good week!

LOL no worries...you said plenty in the limited space you had...very kind
--

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to missy
Just wondering how the issue was fixed. Was the modem put into bridge mode ? Was the Modem replaced ? Sorry I'm just nosy. Its like watching a movie and not being able to watch how the movie ended.
--
Bakersfield Region Taft CA Brighthouse Customer Since 2003

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to missy
Multiple things happened but suffice it to say there are solutions for the situation she had with the device despite what she was told.

aka Hank

@verizon.net
I reported months ago that when my phone rang it disabled the internet connection. They finally told me this week that they learned the problem is related to the modem and that they do not have a fix right now. So they are deducting a hefty amount off of my bill going forward. I already pay $220+ month. I want what I am promised, nothing less.

I'll also say that the lightning modem is horrible. I switched to a Netgear 6300 and the improvement was unreal. The speeds didn't improve ( I am getting 5 up , 40 down) at my PC but the HD streaming of videos from Netflix is much better (more bars).

I also found out that after 3 YEARS of complaining and wasting hours on the phone with level 3 and level 4 folks, Brighthouse is using the wrong size trunk cable and of course I am waiting to hear how they are going to resolve that. The installers hit my problems right on the money without me prompting them, they knew exactly was amiss when they saw the cable. So they replaced it with a better cable but not the correct one!

I defy you to contact me, I'll give you my IP and necessary contact info. YOu research the history and tell me if you would have stuck with Brighthouse....

thanks for letting me vent.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by aka Hank :

I reported months ago that when my phone rang it disabled the internet connection. They finally told me this week that they learned the problem is related to the modem and that they do not have a fix right now. So they are deducting a hefty amount off of my bill going forward. I already pay $220+ month. I want what I am promised, nothing less.

I'll also say that the lightning modem is horrible. I switched to a Netgear 6300 and the improvement was unreal. The speeds didn't improve ( I am getting 5 up , 40 down) at my PC but the HD streaming of videos from Netflix is much better (more bars).

I also found out that after 3 YEARS of complaining and wasting hours on the phone with level 3 and level 4 folks, Brighthouse is using the wrong size trunk cable and of course I am waiting to hear how they are going to resolve that. The installers hit my problems right on the money without me prompting them, they knew exactly was amiss when they saw the cable. So they replaced it with a better cable but not the correct one!

I defy you to contact me, I'll give you my IP and necessary contact info. YOu research the history and tell me if you would have stuck with Brighthouse....

thanks for letting me vent.

Tell ya what. I'm going to take you up on that offer and review your account completely. Open a direct forums thread here and include your IP address as always and I will be in touch shortly. As for what you were told...the firmware issue you reference involving the Ubee modem has NOTHING to do with your phone disconnecting your internet when it rings...nothing at all. I look forward to hearing from you...
--

akahank

@verizon.net
Your on. when I get home I will take your direction. Remember please, I'm not versed enough in electronics to makes this stuff up. I can't be the only one who gets different answers from the staff when asking the same question.

regards,

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by akahank :

Your on. when I get home I will take your direction. Remember please, I'm not versed enough in electronics to makes this stuff up. I can't be the only one who gets different answers from the staff when asking the same question.

regards,

LOL....I'm eagerly awaiting your post
--

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
Im sorry but the wrong size trunk cable? I hope that your using the wrong terminology. you would see NO change in your service due to different sizes of trunk cable although NO cable is causing your phone issues.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to missy
I'm still waiting for his direct forums post so I can dig into this a bit meanwhile get him fixed.