Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rigor_M

join:2010-09-26
Quebec, QC

Bell blocking torrent trackers ?

Hi,
I know the subject of torrents is a bit on the grey side but i'll keep it simple.

I have the Fibe internet service (50/50) when initiating a torrent file, every trackers gets a timeout. then with my old internet service (I still have my cable connexion) everthing connects fine.

So, I have the old line on wifi and Fibe on a ethernet cable. when I plug the ethernet, disable wifi, I get timeouts on trackers, go the other way around (cable disabled, wifi enabled) every trackers start working.

Could it be that Bell stopped throttleling but is starting to block some of the trackers URL ?

zorxd

join:2010-02-05
Quebec, QC

Chances are if torrent trackers were blocked by Bell, someone would have reported it before you.

glussier

join:2002-11-12
Montreal, QC
reply to Rigor_M

I usually don't use p2p software, but I was curious and made a test. Bell do not block p2p software and trackers.

Rigor_M

Quebec, QC
reply to zorxd

said by zorxd:

Chances are if torrent trackers were blocked by Bell, someone would have reported it before you.

I know... what are the chances that I would be the first to notice ! LOL !

Rigor_M

Quebec, QC
reply to glussier

said by glussier:

I usually don't use p2p software, but I was curious and made a test. Bell do not block p2p software and trackers.

Ok thanks ! must be my firewall then

CNewfie

join:2012-08-23

They have never blocked with me, though i did see peak hour bandwidth throttling (but not in months).

I had one 'tracker' refused to work but i use 2 computers, much later I tried that tracker on my 2nd computer and everything worked fine. Was a issue on the computer not bell. (other trackers always worked on the problem computer but havent researched a solution, just set it up for laptop)