Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Vinceruos_t

Re: [Cataclysm] LFR/LFD nuttyness

Stop trolling.
in reg I don't even look at DPS numbers till the fight is over and depending on the fight I'll gladly give up some DPS if it means moving when I should or not doing something crappy.

IMO I'm not very good, but those below me are utter crap more so if their gear is higher than mine.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
Honestly, I lose about 25-30% dps from LFR to 10 man.

I usually run in the mid to high 60s in LFR and upper 40s/lower 50s in 10 man. Solely because I keep multi-dotting to a minimum in normal and I follow mechanics, where in LFR I dot everything I can and ignore 95% of mechanics that won't one shot me.

Yeah, I'm the dude in LFR that doesn't click the extra button on Ultra, I don't stand in swirls on the ship, and I tunnel the boss on both Yor and Warlord. Not to mention I spread dots like a maniac on Spine and don't stack for crap on Madness...Oh yeah, and on Morchok I never hide behind a pillar tunnel vision on the boss and use personals to live through the muck. If people don't like me doing it in LFR, they can kick me, if they do it'll be justified. But they never do, because the damage I do outweighs what little 'stress' I put on the rest of the group. I'm smart enough to know what mechanics I can cheese and use personal defensive cooldowns to survive, and which ones I have to follow or get one shot. I guess there is a difference in someone who cheeses mechanics to gain an advantage and someone who cheeses mechanics because they are lazy and want to depend on a carry.
--
McBrain#1558 - Barbarian/Monk

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

1 edit
Well I'm diff

I don't multidot much (genrally I single target and if there are adds I need to dps I toss an AOE and use impact, IE the ozoe boss ad the black glob) on ultra I hit the button at 2-1sec (though tuesday a tank died so I iceblocked instead)

on the ship I vary from reg to lfr (reg I get all the little ones but on lfr I only get in the big ones, less stress on the healers and in LFR the little ones won't kill it)

On Morchok I find that spot where I can DPS while not getting the slime.

On hagara I SOMETIMES blink through the ice (sometimes I fail at the timing, other times I don't and it allows me to DPS the ice.

BTW I realize I get the 2nd and third boss mixed up do I just call them the ozoe boss and the vollyball boss (though in LFR they never bother bouncing the ball,I think it hit 12 stacks or so last time)

BTW one thing I wonder is on the 4th platform does impact count as an AOE? I mean it doesn't do damage to other targets itsself but it just spreads dots.

I don't really care about my DPS number unless its not high enough for a boss to die.

I'm hoping I find a good DS10 this week (like that one last week but it looks like I got in to late to join that one) I've upgraded some gems and gear so hopefully I'll do better on ultra.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to DarkLogix
this week's DS Normal (I know, not really LFR/LFD, but nutty nonetheless) run was without our main tank and our ele/resto shaman (he's awesome). I took the opportunity to MT on my DK, we carried a new guildie in the OT position for gear (don't really need 2 tanks for first 4 bosses), and we 2 healed using our h.pally and the newly recruited r.shaman (she's been raiding with us because her school schedule precluded her raiding with her own guild... her guild kicked her). We didn't fully clear. But there were some fun times...

• We had a massive lag-spike on Hagara during the second transition phase (ICE) which took out a tank and 3 dps... We got through the next transition (barely)... then burn... Hagara is at about 15% when both healers get tombed... we opt for hagara burn and watch the healers die... Ice Transition hits, we lose 2 more dps (I think they tunneled the totems and got hit by falling ice). So now it is just me (blood DK) and my wife (survival hunter) running laps around the circle trying to kill the totems because hagara is at roughly 5% health... at one point I got hit by falling ice... it kicked me into hagara's ice zone... I pop AMS, and wait for the dangerously close ice wall to pass by... continue... We got her. Such an ugly/awesome kill, lol.

• Not to be out-done for the night... our h.pally solo healed Ultrax. The r.shaman switched to her mage... and the raid absolutely blew Ultrax up, lol. I don't think the second healing buff even came out.
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

I'd rather hang out with friends and collect gear, mounts, and achievements that don't require me to beat up on the weaker kid.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Sounds like interesting times.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
reply to Immer
Nice, good thing those tombs only have 100k in reg :P
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Nick D
said by Nick D:

it affects DPS when it pushes back your GCD.

So around 500ms.

100ms will have no noticeable DPS difference.

BTW just to test I switched back to IPv4 and latency dropped to the 50's.

as no one seems to have a list of the IPv6 addresses of the servers I think I'll just do a netstat -an and find out what it is.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
i am on ipv4 on Malf and unless theres lag spikes from Chi-town, my lat is usually around 27 both home and world, with 30ish fps, i have an old comp though so.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Well I'm playing on tanaris from baytown, TX

ya if I had known better when I started I shold have picked a server closer to me.

and I'm hesitant to xfer because I do have some friends on the server.

Though maybe when my priest hits 85 (or 90) I'll send the priest over to a better server, or leave the priest on tanaris and move my main.

Always 60'ish fps (I have vert sync on so it won't go over 60)
IPv6 - 100ms or so
IPv4 - 50ms or so

after I check to see the IPv6 address of the server I'll do some tracert'ing and see if hurricane electric might be able to improve it.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Anyone ever consider making a full LFR pre-made and act like its reg?

It could be used as a training seesion thing, since most of the mech is there (its just super weak)

It would give a guild a way to show some new guy the fights without doing the fights (ie if you're already locked out)

Goldheart

join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Work PC
and I don't feel like importing certs and stuff into waterfox.

or having 2 browsers open all the time.

Chrome with the IE tab works well at work for me

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Anyone ever consider making a full LFR pre-made and act like its reg?

It could be used as a training seesion thing, since most of the mech is there (its just super weak)

It would give a guild a way to show some new guy the fights without doing the fights (ie if you're already locked out)

Gathering 24 people to show "some new guy" Ds raid tactics is easier said than done.

30% nerf in DS is easier than LFR, and I'd make "some new guy" READ strats before raiding. You can watch youtube videos all day and players that don't really care until they're "in the shit" will only pay attention to the videos UI and try to decipher the pixelated Recount/Skada. Point your noobs to AT LEAST Icy Veins raid strats..at least.
--
Good evening!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
What about if the weekly raid team is already locked

just an idea as i think it might be funny to see 24 people go at LFR as though it were serious while in say heroic gear.

kinda like watching 25 85's pound LK into the dirt

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
The hardcore guilds did this a billion times when LFR first launched to get their tier gear.

They found it tedious (because they'd have to do it like 8 times to gear up 3 people at a go [no token competition]). MOP system will negate that problem at least; no trading and independent drops = no reason to have alts farm for mains

StumpMan
Premium
join:2001-07-26
Clinton, NC
reply to DarkLogix
one of the things I like to do (must be a mean streak in me) is when we are at the top of Wyrmrest temple waiting on the Hagara port,or Ultraxion to start... I stand next to the edge, just enough so I can't fall off... jump up and down and say "Thats odd, they fixed it so you can't jump off the top anymore."

At least one person will run to the edge and jump... and fall off the top.
Ohhh the things my mage has been called in LFR.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to mettachain
said by mettachain:

I'd make "some new guy" READ strats before raiding. You can watch youtube videos all day and players that don't really care until they're "in the shit" will only pay attention to the videos UI and try to decipher the pixelated Recount/Skada. Point your noobs to AT LEAST Icy Veins raid strats..at least.

it is exceedingly frustrating to learn that your raiders haven't done any homework whatsoever. LFR is a huge crutch for the basics of the mechanics... there is no reason why anyone doing normal mode DS should need more of an explanation than, "okay, here is what is different from LFR"... but it happens a lot.

So you don't like LFR... okay... Icy-veins.com is amazing. The have it all covered... even have edited versions of the overall strat (just for healers, just for tanks, or just for dps).

The dungeon journal is great.. IF you've read a strat or have at least seen the fight before. It doesn't give you any idea of the flow of the fight.
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

I'd rather hang out with friends and collect gear, mounts, and achievements that don't require me to beat up on the weaker kid.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
And frankly if the raid leared is good then some things will be called out.

IE the ozeo to kill
Or before the pull how many stacks you'll be building up on the boss before melee moves
Or ok group 1 you do Boss 1 and group 2 you do boss 2 (you know that 1st boss on heroic)

over all ya if you've done LFR then you should only need be told the mechs are more critical and there might be an added one (ie ultra, LFR you might not really need to press the button but in reg you better do it at the right time and on heroic you better do what you're suppost to)

But you can get the flow of the fight in LFR then adjust pretty easily for reg and then for heroic. (if the group has the gear to do it.)

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to DarkLogix
After 10 weeks MIA from WoW...

Came back with my i389 Spriest... FoD part

1st on DPS at Ultraxion, with not remembering well the rotations and all, bout 35K there.

1st on DPS on Warmaster, dots-a-lot helped

On Spine we downed the second flap, some idiot started killing the corruptions in an attempt to wipe the raid, 3 amalgs running around, 1 of them killed me, idiot puller bailed from raid, we still managed to down it somehow..

On Madness, as expected, I was doing 75K-80K most of the fight, only 3 healers (2 bailed after we started), somehow we managed to down him with 3 healers (was 6K HPS with vampiric embrace), at the end 10 people left standing, including me, we had adds to the wazoo, close call...

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
reply to DarkLogix
Did the first half (Siege of Wyrmrest Temple) of LFR last night. The highlights:
(1) No wipes... in fact, I can't even remember anyone dying
(2) No calls for votekicks
(3) No drama over loot
(4) DPS ran to kill the correct ooze without prompting
(5) Everyone handled the lightning/ice phases on Hagara properly
(6) Whole thing took about 40 minutes
I actually got a GOOD GROUP in LFR. This is unprecedented. What is the world coming to...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
That only happens for me on tuesdays.

seems the good players get in and get it done 1st day after reset.

later in the week you get bads, and at some point you get the full heroic geared trolls, that'll play nice till they think they can sneak in something.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Not LFR but still annoying

Ok so I joined a fail rain on wendsday (they said in trade they'd be doing 8/8 with 2 heroics) I thought cool.

well they were fail.
I was top DPS and next was more than 5k below me, after a number of wipes they switch to reg, (should have been my sign to leave) well they down morchock.

then on the vollyball boss the melee can't seem to get it to GTFO when they say get out melee (even did a raid warning) well the raid ends there with only 1/8.

and you know joining a raid while your locked at 1/8 is annoying.

well finally sunday night I join a raid thats starting at 1/8, they have some trouble but the melee get it after no to much. and it progesses some.

well on hagara the rouge needs to nickpocket, ok fine do it. (that goes fine)

then the MT says the the rouge and only the rouge to aggro the boss then vanish to chance wheich mode the boss is in (to get 2 lightning not 2 ice) well a fail DK joins in and messes it up while healers aren't ready. (yep wipe)

then on Ultra OT dies, wipe, repeat a couple of times. Ultra dies eventualy.

then on the ship we still have 2 fail DKs that were dead for almost all of the ultra fight.

We ask them repeatedly if they ca atleast hear us in vent and if so to type in raid chat, they don't ackowledge at all. after a few wipes (ya the RL is way to nice and should have booted them long ago)

When asked why they don't type in raid chat to ackowledge all they reply (to any thing) is "I ain't got no mic" what you can't type without a mic?

The two get booted though its after the MT left, we refill and there are mistakes and it's called.

so hence forth I won't give PUGs time to get me locked at 1/8 and if they claim to be doing heroic and switch to reg I'm out.

during the week I also joined a group that was doing heroic cslim boss (forget the name) total fail RL he wouldn't call out ant thing and a tank trolled the raid by calling out black so the black slim died, the RL was just crap and didn't even try.

as time of arriving at home and raiding with my current guild doesn't work out I'm changing guilds tonight. because fail pugs are fail.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to DarkLogix
Ok here's an odd one.

So I que up for LFR part 2 last night. Starts off great.
ultra trash goes down nicely and are taunted fast enough that hardly any fire is on the stage.

Then we're on ultra and everything is going good, till about 5% when a tank dies and I somehow am kept up for a few sec and get fading light (wasn't expecting that in LFR being a mage) so I die then boss dies and I get rezed.

next warmaster, everything goes smoothly.

On to spine, no issues

Then after the rolls on the loot suddenly a healer drops, and we sit around waiting for 5+ minutes as others also drop and we just keep waiting, the first person that joins asks so ya'll wiping we answer no just healer left after loot)

some time later as the patience boss is trying to wipe us, we have some fall to their death others play jokes and trick others into jumping off. Then finally the last fw join and we kill it.

Come on why would you drop group when everything is going so smoothly? (other than me getting the aggro from the tank (and thanks to some monster healers I live right till an unexpected fading light gets me, but hay its LFR and I'm not a tank)

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
Because they didn't need the VP from the Spine kill? I'm still a little surprised that Blizzard doesn't have the loot auto-pass when you drop group; I mean, as a general rule. If you don't have a roll window, the game shouldn't be waiting on it.

My LFR pull yesterday involved Morchok getting kited to the entrance at around 20%, so we're all chasing him all the way up the road. The guy complains that his cat walked on his keyboard. Right. VTK fails since there were like 7 guys from his server in the raid.

Start doing Zon'ozz trash and I watch one of the server dudes run up to Zon'ozz and pull him into the first trash pile we're killing. Didn't even do a ranged pull. I dropped before I incurred a repair bill.

Ahhh, trolls.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
It was after the spine kill, we were stuck waiting twiddling our thumbs on maddness.

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
Meant to say Madness.

I know traditionally for LFR I queue as a healer, get an instant queue at Madness, so I complete that, get my VP, then if I want something from earlier in the half I requeue and have to wait a few mins for a fresh run. On that run I drop after Spine since I can get neither loot nor VP from Madness, so he probably did the same thing.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
said by Nick D:

...get an instant queue at Madness, so I complete that, get my VP, then if I want something from earlier in the half I requeue and have to wait a few mins for a fresh run. On that run I drop after Spine since I can get neither loot nor VP from Madness, so he probably did the same thing.

I've had this happen a few times as a hunter; queue for LFR Fall of Deathwing, get insta-added to a group ready to down Madness. Collect my VP, re-queue, wait 15 minutes, then down Ultra, Blackthorn, and Spine. I always make it a point to say in /r something along the lines of, "thanks for the run all - already downed Madness earlier, so I'm out - best of luck". The odd thing is, I usually get cussed out upon posting this, which boggles my mind. I suppose they would rather I just drop group without saying a word?? Any DPS leaving will get replaced nearly instantly, so it's not like I'm setting the group up for a huge delay. I guess it goes to show that (a) common courtesy isn't very common, and (b) LFR is infested with asshats (among the majority of nice enough folk who are just there for the loot/VP).

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
I normally turn down ques till I get a fresh one. Then down all 4 and that's it.

I have made it a point to do the run all the way through and down all 8 in LFR every week that I play without ever dropping before the 4 are down.

And skipping the cut scene and rolling DE on anything I don't need and pass on anything I already have.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
Meh on all my LFR geared toons that don't need anything I'm crossing my fingers to get a 3/4 run to get it over with quickly and get my VPs.. but bad luck dictates the opposite, on the toons I need gear I get started runs and on the other I get fresh runs.. FU blizz

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Well until this past weekend all I needed from LFR was the dagger off Maddness and the infinite loop.

This past weekend I got the dagger off reg so now just the ring that can drop of any of the 1st 6 bosses.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to djlar
Not LFR but kinda annoying

on a DS10 PUG with H-Yor/Morchauk/and planned ultra.

We got taste the rainbow and ping pong champ.

then on ultra 2 of the melee were lagging to badly to hit the button so after your doubled my total wipes on H-ultra we did it on reg.

I mean come on Just use DBM and you will see a cast timer front and center.

Oh well I already have the heroic chest and haven't looked to see what else I might want off him.