All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
mr_boodog
join:2008-08-12

mr_boodog to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad

Re: Ongoing Issue - Internet Disconnects

I just posted a similar note in the dcc-ack thread. We are seeing this same behavior in Grand Rapids, MN. at both a business I oversee and my residence.

I can pinpoint the start of the behavior of 7-2-2012 when a massive wind storm blew through the area, and wiped out trees throughout the town. Ever since, my modem does a reset every 15-20 minutes. It does not stay down for long, but like another mentioned, just enough to interrupt a web session.

Very strange that this is occurring in such a wide range of locations.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

mr_boodog If you like you can send me an IM with your account info and I will look into this further.

Boss302_1970
join:2009-12-11

Boss302_1970 to mr_boodog

to mr_boodog
yeah its very odd. it just drops just enough to cause me to notice, when i go into look at the modem, its usually just finishing the reset. it must not be enough for the modem to show an actual drop, cause Chads saying it has been up for 17 days. but its dropping numerous times per day. just enough to drop me offline

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Thorndale, ON

danawhitaker

Premium Member

Yeah, I'm still having this issue intermittently as well. I thought it had been improving, but now over the past week I've seen it start to happen more frequently again.

Boss302_1970
join:2009-12-11

Boss302_1970

its getting worse, last night it dropped 4 times in 30 minutes UGH!