how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ShellMMG

join:2009-04-16
Grass Lake, MI

Copycat

So the "Screw Everyone" plan has been adopted by AT&T.

We will be hanging on to our VZW plan for a long, long time.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
So VZW has Pay Everything and AT&T has Screw Everyone...:)

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to ShellMMG
Yep, that's the way to go, hold on to your grandfathered plan, until they physically pry it from your hands.
It amazes me how people keep getting duped into thinking the next plans from VZ or ATT might save you money, they won't, especially if you actually use the device.
They may save you money in the short run, for instance someone putting 3 smartphones on a 1GB shared plan, but you'll quickly outgrow that and be paying more.

I'm holding on to my old plan $89.99 total with unlimited data.
I get another $10/month off because I bundle with FIOS.
so the $20 I save over the new plans goes to my new smartphone fund (since I now have to buy my phones without subsidy) and I still get to use my smartphone as much as I want.

They are still getting more money out of me by making me turn down the subsidy, but at least I don't have to watch my usage constantly. If other options than the big two for LTE get to my area, I'll consider them. Unfortunately I am really in love with Verizon's LTE coverage is excellent where I am and I don't think any other carriers, even AT&T will approach Verizon's coverage for quite awhile.

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

join:2003-12-08
Tulsa, OK
$90 for a phone line? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....you have been duped a long time ago my friend.
--
"WHEN THE LAUGH TRACK STARTS THEN THE FUN STARTS!"

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
Considering the data, I use 6 - 8gb a month, yes it's $80 after my bundling discount and I dare you to find an individual cell plan, where I get get up my usual max of 10GB/month of data and consistent 5mbps + data speed.

Sprint costs exactly the same, and AT&T and T-mobile are both more expensive for the amount of data I use, and all are at slower speeds than I get on Verizon 4G LTE, any mnvo's would never allow my type of usage, if I used less than 2GB it would be an option. I'm jump on straight talk or some other mnvo in a second.

Do I pay a lot for this service, yes. But iVerizon is worth it for me as long as I can hang on to my unlimited LTE data.
I know I'm paying a premium for Verizon LTE and I'm ok with that. Let's not get into the need vs want argument in reality none of us NEEDS a cell phone. My cell phone is honestly one of my toys, I'm a tech addict lol.

buddahbless

join:2005-03-21
Premium
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to ShellMMG
I hear you I jumped ship for TMO yrs ago and was thinking of jumping back to Verizon but I need a gsm phone as I travel out of the US often, also when they all killed unlimited that just made me plant me feet even further into TMOs network and hope they stick around and come up with some creative new plans. Say the option to add a line on prepaid services still keep all phones unlimited everything and be discounted for every phone you add on ( similar to what they do with walmart Mobile). That would be a nice start.

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

join:2003-12-08
Tulsa, OK
reply to MovieLover76
for your data usage levels you are right, I'm not aware of a plan you can get today for that price that isn't limited or throttled. And you'll never get a plan like that in the future. However you can no longer get subsidized upgrades unless you give up that plan and I suspect at your current data use levels it will just encourage Verizon to shake the tree a little harder next time they go on a mission to rid themselves of unlimited users.
--
"WHEN THE LAUGH TRACK STARTS THEN THE FUN STARTS!"

wingrider01

join:2006-07-25
Saint Louis, MO
reply to ShellMMG
said by ShellMMG:

So the "Screw Everyone" plan has been adopted by AT&T.

We will be hanging on to our VZW plan for a long, long time.

you do realize that verizon has already adopted the same plan back in June, if you have unlimited data through verizon when you upgrade, to be able to retain it you have to pay full retail price for the smartphome from them, otherwise you get put on their version of shared data - which by the way is more expensive