spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« hmmHere's what I don't get »
page: 1 · 2 · next
This is a sub-selection from And the winner is?

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

join:2003-12-08
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

reply to dfxmatt

Re: actually, it has a name

wow, so even the 20Gb plan with 10 smartphones on it is not as good as 10 people each getting a $45 unlimited plan from Straight Talk.

Absolutely RIDICULOUS! What value does ATT even offer?
--
"WHEN THE LAUGH TRACK STARTS THEN THE FUN STARTS!"

It's cool, I'm takin it back
Premium
join:2000-03-14
Dallas, TX

said by inteller:

wow, so even the 20Gb plan with 10 smartphones on it is not as good as 10 people each getting a $45 unlimited plan from Straight Talk.

Coverage? LTE? The latest and greatest handsets?
--
"To be sincere, you don't have to know anything, you just say whatever makes you feel good and spin and smug circles in your tiny fucked up little head, happy as long as you're true to yourself. In other words, Sincerity is bullshit!" -Penn Jillette

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

I get ATT coverage with ST, ATT doesn't have LTE in my area, and I can buy any ATT handset free and clear of contracts.

so I ask again....what value does ATT even offer?
--

mogamer

join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI
reply to 93388818

said by 93388818:

said by inteller:

Coverage? LTE? The latest and greatest handsets?

Coverage? I'll give you that.
LTE? Yes, ATT does have some.
LTE Coverage? HA! HA!
Latest and greatest handsets? Who really cares about that? Many newer phones don't work as well as older versions.

Premium
Dallas, TX
reply to inteller

said by inteller:

I get ATT coverage with ST, ATT doesn't have LTE in my area, and I can buy any ATT handset free and clear of contracts.

so I ask again....what value does ATT even offer?

that's up to everyone to decide for themselves. Apparently for you, ST is the way to go.
--
"To be sincere, you don't have to know anything, you just say whatever makes you feel good and spin and smug circles in your tiny fucked up little head, happy as long as you're true to yourself. In other words, Sincerity is bullshit!" -Penn Jillette

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

Tulsa, OK
reply to mogamer

considering ATT's track record updating their branded handsets, I'd consider "latest and greatest" a detriment unless it was an iPhone which is out of their control.
--

sandman_1

join:2011-04-23
reply to 93388818

Who needs LTE speeds or coverage with these ridiculously low caps lol. They can keep their LTE along with Verizon.

Premium
Dallas, TX

said by sandman_1:

Who needs LTE speeds or coverage with these ridiculously low caps lol. They can keep their LTE along with Verizon.

I have LTE and unlimited data on AT&T. Too bad for you, lol.

Premium
Dallas, TX
reply to inteller

I meant the latest and greatest models. There's nothing like the HTC One X, SGS III, Nokia Lumina 900, or iPhones available on ST.

technologiq

join:2000-08-08
Reno, NV
reply to 93388818

You have 5GB with the 'unlimited' plan on AT&T LTE (throttled after 5GB)

More info »www.att.com/esupport/datausage.j···0000000U

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1

Unfortunately that's true on AT&T you get device subsidies and throttling after 5GB, since Verizon doesn't throttle 4G atm, you get truly unlimited still, and you can keep it as long as you turn down the subsidy. I'm sure Verizon would have rather gone the throttling route, as it seems to anger less customers and they do it on their 3G network, but the spectrum they use for LTE came with restrictions that they don't seem to be able to get around. At least for the time being, knowing Verizon they will find a way around it eventually.

mytwocents

@sbc.com
reply to inteller

As long as the user base does not decrease when hit with a cost increase, this will continue to happen. It is the ol' charge what the market will pay syndrome. When enough customers dump their service after a price increase, then they will have reached the limit of the market and start to find ways to cut costs and not make more price increases. There are hords of people still willing to pay the increases and the noise made by those customers is drowning out the customers that are tired of the increases.

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

Tulsa, OK
reply to 93388818

uh yeah there is. I walk into ATT, buy a One X, pop in my ST SIM and I'm done. If it's an ATT banded phone, it's fair game. I'm riding with a Lumia 900 with a ST SIM right now.

Get educated dude....you are being ripped off.
--

Premium
Dallas, TX
reply to technologiq

said by technologiq:

You have 5GB with the 'unlimited' plan on AT&T LTE (throttled after 5GB)

More info »www.att.com/esupport/datausage.j···0000000U

hasn't been an issue for me

--

Premium
Dallas, TX
reply to inteller

said by inteller:

uh yeah there is. I walk into ATT, buy a One X, pop in my ST SIM and I'm done. I'm riding with a Lumia 900 with a ST SIM right now.

Get educated dude....you are being ripped off.

and what did you pay for that handset?
--

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

Tulsa, OK

$150 for the 900 off eBay. A $100 for an HTC Titan before that.

Premium
Dallas, TX

If I were to walk into AT&T, buy a no contract HTC One X, that's $550.00.

They're $199 with a two year contract.

That's an extra $350 over 24 months = $14 a month.

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

Tulsa, OK

1 edit

I save over $500 in 2 years if I buy the One X at full price due to ATTs ridiculous rates.

$90 x 24 + 199 = 2359 (90 based on $40 voice plus $30 data and $20 messaging)

$45 x 24 + $550 = 1630

but it gets better.....because I'M NOT IN CONTRACT I'm not stuck with one phone I may like or hate for 2 years. So I can go buy awesome phones at less than the price you buy your subsidized phone (like I'm doing now) and get the same service as you.

--

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

Tulsa, OK
reply to 93388818

so if you didn't have unlimited data you'd be overpaying for data with the exception of that last month.

Premium
Dallas, TX
reply to inteller

said by inteller:

IMO AT&T probably doesn't see ST as a legitimate threat to their mobility business.
--

Premium
Dallas, TX
reply to inteller

said by inteller:

so if you didn't have unlimited data you'd be overpaying for data with the exception of that last month.

irrelevant since I do have unlimited data

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

Tulsa, OK
reply to 93388818

yeah, apparently they've got the sucker market sewn up.
--

Premium
Dallas, TX

I'm sure everyone is thrilled you love your straight talk service.

buddahbless

join:2005-03-21
Premium
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to 93388818

To your post below... keep gloating, Its Only Irrelevant until ATT decides to "kick the pan" even more, change there TOS and drop your 5GB down to 2GB in the near to dear future and stick you with overages or a ridiculous throttle if your a remaining "unlimited" customer. ( don't think for a moment it won't happen.)

Premium
Dallas, TX

If that happens I'll switch to a plan that makes sense for me

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

Tulsa, OK
reply to buddahbless

what I can't figure out is why would a person want to give a company twice as much money to them as they should be paying? Don't people like to SAVE money?
--

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY
reply to MovieLover76

said by MovieLover76:

I'm sure Verizon would have rather gone the throttling route, as it seems to anger less customers and they do it on their 3G network

They don't "throttle" their 3G network. All they are doing is using a fair queuing algorithm during times of congestion that assigns less resources on the forward link to heavy data users. If the EVDO channel/sector you're on isn't congested you won't see any noticeable impact whatsoever.

I use >5GB on a regular basis and the only impact I've seen from this supposed "throttling" is the occasional slowdown to 40kbit/s to 80kbit/s. I've never seen one of these slowdowns last more than a minute or two; I would attribute them to other users loading webpages/downloading files.

Personally I don't see a problem with what Verizon is doing. Someone who sparingly uses their phone gets faster webpage loads and I can consume all the bandwidth I want without impacting them.

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX
reply to 93388818

said by 93388818:

said by inteller:

IMO AT&T probably doesn't see ST as a legitimate threat to their mobility business.

AT&T isnt worried about ST because their making money from wally world on it.. walmart pays big time for it.. that and most people wont change even if it does save them money and still rides on at&t's and t-mobiles towers..

that being said like some others, I have AT&T since 2001 coverage is good.. although I dont like what they do.

im not sure i would use ST but thats just me, id rather take my iphone 4 to t-mobile when the contract is done which is next month

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

Tulsa, OK

no, Wal-mart subsidizes very little of the ST price because you can get the same service with NET10 for $50 which is still Tracfone but no wal-mart involvement.

ST and NET10 reflect the actual price you pay for service if you strip away all of the egregious overhead AT&Fee must maintain for stupid people.

Basically for using the utility of ATT towers you can pay the smart people price or the stupid people price. Fancy website, stupid little apps that count your buckets of data, retarded CSRs...that's what your $90 a mo pays for.

Also, why would you want to take your iPhone to T-Mo when it won't work properly on the right bands? It would have to be pretty cheap for me to put up with EDGE speeds.
--

Premium
Dallas, TX

I think I see the light now. Anyone who doesn't agree with inteller See Profile is "stupid".