join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to IamGimli

Premium Member

to IamGimli

Re: [Serious] The most honest three and a half minutes of televi

said by IamGimli:

said by PX Eliezer704:

But the whole premise of that TV show scene is a fraud, a setup, a con.

Actually I don't think you understand what the actual premise of the show is at all.

I was referring to the specific SCENE.

I should have bolded that word, thus:
said by PX Eliezer704:

But the whole premise of that TV show scene is a fraud, a setup, a con.

Which it is, because maybe outside of a Miss Iowa competition, I've never seen any serious political situation in which people were asked "Tell us why America is the best country in the world".

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer704:

I've never seen any serious political situation in which people were asked "Tell us why America is the best country in the world".

I don't think it's unreasonable to say that the scene is an observation on the constant mantra by politicians that the USA is the best country in the world, when it fact there are many statistics that would point out quite the opposite.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by Gone:

I don't think it's unreasonable to say that the scene is an observation on the constant mantra by politicians that the USA is the best country in the world....

Our lunatic fringe, like your Wild Rose party.

Americans do have pride in their country, yet as we have come from so many different places (I met a woman yesterday who was Russian and Irish) we are actually rather low on the xenophobia scale.
said by Gone:

....when it fact there are many statistics that would point out quite the opposite.

Stats are one thing, but who has better cheeseburgers and fried chicken?

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer704:

Our lunatic fringe, like your Wild Rose party.

No, our "lunatic fringe" is the same as your Democrats. Your politics are so skewed to the right that you can't draw a valid comparison at all.
said by PX Eliezer704:

A cheeseburger is a cheeseburger. It's not hard for anyone to make them, and I've had awesome ones on both sides of the border.

But fried chicken... yeah you got me there.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00 to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

On the esteemed standard of "country that serves the tastiest form of heart disease", who has better poutine?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by Wolfie00:

said by PX Eliezer704:

On the esteemed standard of "country that serves the tastiest form of heart disease", who has better poutine?

I dunno, you seen the menu at the Heart Attack Cafe lately? Not to mention they're also the home of the Double Down, that "attack of the salt" that KFC calls a sandwich.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

I dunno, you seen the menu at the Heart Attack Cafe lately? Not to mention they're also the home of the Double Down, that "attack of the salt" that KFC calls a sandwich.

If we're only talking tasty Heart Disease here, KFC ain't got nothing on Poutine as far as I'm concerned.

Now if we're talking about which is better between Poutine and Smoked Meat Poutine that's a real test.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

said by El Quintron:

said by elwoodblues:

If we're only talking tasty Heart Disease here, KFC ain't got nothing on Poutine as far as I'm concerned.

You guys are able to eat Poutine without worrying, you got healthcare.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Does every thread have to be about healthcare?
Even in the Cogeco buys Atlantic cable there is a comment about that.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

You guys are able to eat Poutine without worrying, you got healthcare.

It's so delicious I'd probably make room for it even if I didn't... just talking about it is making me hungry!