All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« hmmHere's what I don't get »
This is a sub-selection from And the winner is?

It's cool, I'm takin it back
Premium
join:2000-03-14
Dallas, TX
reply to inteller

Re: actually, it has a name

said by inteller:

wow, so even the 20Gb plan with 10 smartphones on it is not as good as 10 people each getting a $45 unlimited plan from Straight Talk.

Absolutely RIDICULOUS! What value does ATT even offer?

IMO AT&T probably doesn't see ST as a legitimate threat to their mobility business.
--
"To be sincere, you don't have to know anything, you just say whatever makes you feel good and spin and smug circles in your tiny fucked up little head, happy as long as you're true to yourself. In other words, Sincerity is bullshit!" -Penn Jillette

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

join:2003-12-08
Tulsa, OK

yeah, apparently they've got the sucker market sewn up.
--
"WHEN THE LAUGH TRACK STARTS THEN THE FUN STARTS!"

Premium
Dallas, TX

I'm sure everyone is thrilled you love your straight talk service.

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX
reply to 93388818

said by 93388818:

said by inteller:

wow, so even the 20Gb plan with 10 smartphones on it is not as good as 10 people each getting a $45 unlimited plan from Straight Talk.

Absolutely RIDICULOUS! What value does ATT even offer?

IMO AT&T probably doesn't see ST as a legitimate threat to their mobility business.

AT&T isnt worried about ST because their making money from wally world on it.. walmart pays big time for it.. that and most people wont change even if it does save them money and still rides on at&t's and t-mobiles towers..

that being said like some others, I have AT&T since 2001 coverage is good.. although I dont like what they do.

im not sure i would use ST but thats just me, id rather take my iphone 4 to t-mobile when the contract is done which is next month

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

Tulsa, OK

no, Wal-mart subsidizes very little of the ST price because you can get the same service with NET10 for $50 which is still Tracfone but no wal-mart involvement.

ST and NET10 reflect the actual price you pay for service if you strip away all of the egregious overhead AT&Fee must maintain for stupid people.

Basically for using the utility of ATT towers you can pay the smart people price or the stupid people price. Fancy website, stupid little apps that count your buckets of data, retarded CSRs...that's what your $90 a mo pays for.

Also, why would you want to take your iPhone to T-Mo when it won't work properly on the right bands? It would have to be pretty cheap for me to put up with EDGE speeds.
--

Premium
Dallas, TX

I think I see the light now. Anyone who doesn't agree with inteller See Profile is "stupid".

inteller
Sociopaths always win.

Tulsa, OK

no just anyone who pays double for their phone service and then bitches when ATT comes out with stupid pricing plans like this.
--

millerja01a

join:2005-10-03
Durham, NC
reply to 93388818

Corona,
It's simple market dynamics. AT&T has created a clear price vacuum that ST and others are filling. PPL will compare and vote with their wallets.

Coverage is important however LTE isn't. The analogy is driving a supercar on a quarter-mile road. Sure you can fast as hell but you lack lots of road. Speed is irrelevant then.

Unlimited data is going away sooner rather than later.

I'm moving to ST when my contract is up.

As to the availability of premium phones, I don't need the latest and greatest every year. I see smartphones like computers. Swap them out every 3 to 5 years as the tech makes greater jumps in specs and features.

If you really want to save, stay 1 gen behind the current gen using the 3-5yr period. Ebay is your friend. No contract, modern phone plus XDA developers and you can stretch that $300-$500 for several years, paying less per month.

The goal is to maximize the value of every dollar spent.

gballer

@reyrey.net
reply to 93388818

at&t cheapest plan = $109 a month with 3gig data and unlimited texting
$200 for Galaxy S3 = $2840 over 2 years

ST unlimited $50 a month
$600 for Galaxy S3 = $1800 over 2 years

Since ST uses at&t same coverage.. So yeah I suppose if LTE is worth $1000+ more.

jazzy112

@96.18.65.x
reply to 93388818

the problem nobody realizes is, not a single one of these carriers is truly nationwide. If you get one of these ST or heaven forbid Boost phones, you have ZERO roaming capability. (no service when not on verizons infrastructure (ST) or no service when not on Sprint's infrastructure-boost) This is fine for the people who just want a longer range cordless phone, I need that roaming and where I am from, AT&T has a better service. When I was in St. Louis the AT&T LTE service slaughtered Verizon's LTE offerings in a rural area with far less users.