spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

slickdaddy96

join:2006-08-28
Newnan, GA

Any 2nd or 3rd tier technical support Sprint people on here?

Is someone on here a 2nd or 3rd tier techinical support Sprint Tech, or does someone know a user on here I could private message? It is about some technical aspects of our LTE phones and thresholds of when the phone decides to go from LTE to 3G and back. I think there are problems right now that may only be fixed by an OTA update to the modem or software. I just wanted to talk to a higher tier technician that would more likely be able to pass it up the food chain than a tier 1 technician.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
I don't think I've ever seen a Sprint Tech on here at all.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to slickdaddy96
You could also post here: »s4gru.com/index.php?/index some very knowledgeable people there and they may be able to figure out why it is set the way it is and figure out if your solution would work. I think Sprint folks read that forum too, although they do not say much.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

slickdaddy96

Newnan, GA
LOL, I am already a sponsor and contributor of that website/forum.

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to slickdaddy96
said by slickdaddy96:

Is someone on here a 2nd or 3rd tier techinical support Sprint Tech, or does someone know a user on here I could private message?

If the Tier 2 people I talk to are telling the truth, even they cannot talk to 3rd tier as they are network engineers, and never face customers.

slickdaddy96

Newnan, GA
How would I even get to tier 2 people? I can never get past tier 1. It is mainly about 4G signal thresholds in our LTE devices, and the fact that when a weak 1-2 bar LTE signal shows up the phone's modem/firmware decides that a full bar 3G signal is better and changes over to 3G which sucks because a 1 bar LTE signal is still faster than a full bar 3G signal. The only way to turn down the thresholds for keeping LTE connection and turning up the threshold before it switches over to 3G would be with an OTA update. Problem is I am not completely sure anyone in any kind of position to do something about this at sprint knows anything about it yet. This is going on with all LTE devices (Nexus, EVO LTE, and S3). No way to force LTE without losing voice/text either on these phones.

swintec
Premium,VIP
Alfred, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
said by slickdaddy96:

How would I even get to tier 2 people? I can never get past tier 1. It is mainly about 4G signal thresholds in our LTE devices, and the fact that when a weak 1-2 bar LTE signal shows up the phone's modem/firmware decides that a full bar 3G signal is better and changes over to 3G which sucks because a 1 bar LTE signal is still faster than a full bar 3G signal. The only way to turn down the thresholds for keeping LTE connection and turning up the threshold before it switches over to 3G would be with an OTA update. Problem is I am not completely sure anyone in any kind of position to do something about this at sprint knows anything about it yet. This is going on with all LTE devices (Nexus, EVO LTE, and S3). No way to force LTE without losing voice/text either on these phones.

Isnt it connecting all the way down to -120? It is probably different for Wimax but I can edit the signal threshold on my epic. Just need MSL code.
--

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
reply to slickdaddy96
said by slickdaddy96:

How would I even get to tier 2 people?

The last time I got them they were known as "Advanced Tech Support"... no idea what they are calling them now. I have to deal with att storm troopers more these days

mob
On the next level..
Premium
join:2000-10-07
reply to slickdaddy96
what kind of issues are you having, exactly?

slickdaddy96

Newnan, GA

1 edit
Exactly what I posted. This is being reported wide spread on s4gru.com, xda-developers and all other relevant smartphone/sprint forums. The Nexus, S3, and EVO LTE thresholds are set way to high for LTE signals. Thus forcing me back in to 3G when I would get a 1-2 bar LTE signal in most cases. 1-2 bar LTE is always faster than sprint 3G at full bars.

As for Signal level of -120, I guess I need to start monitoring my LTE connection and see when it decides to drop out. I am not sure it is dropping out at -120 now. I think it may still be dropping out more near the -102 (3G/1x threshold of usable signal) when it drops out. Where on your Epic in the ##data## menu can you adjust the threshold? I couldn't find it on the S3 yet.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
reply to slickdaddy96
xda-developers has a thread on exactly this.

slickdaddy96

Newnan, GA
yeah that would be because I started it....

swintec
Premium,VIP
Alfred, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to slickdaddy96
If you are a member of this site you may have seen it, but for those who arent, this article talks about LTE signal measurements and how they should not be viewed the same way you would for regular CDMA or EVDO. »s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entr···-primer/
--