All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
slickdaddy96
join:2006-08-28
Newnan, GA

slickdaddy96 to dib22

to dib22

Re: Any 2nd or 3rd tier technical support Sprint people on here?

How would I even get to tier 2 people? I can never get past tier 1. It is mainly about 4G signal thresholds in our LTE devices, and the fact that when a weak 1-2 bar LTE signal shows up the phone's modem/firmware decides that a full bar 3G signal is better and changes over to 3G which sucks because a 1 bar LTE signal is still faster than a full bar 3G signal. The only way to turn down the thresholds for keeping LTE connection and turning up the threshold before it switches over to 3G would be with an OTA update. Problem is I am not completely sure anyone in any kind of position to do something about this at sprint knows anything about it yet. This is going on with all LTE devices (Nexus, EVO LTE, and S3). No way to force LTE without losing voice/text either on these phones.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by slickdaddy96:

How would I even get to tier 2 people? I can never get past tier 1. It is mainly about 4G signal thresholds in our LTE devices, and the fact that when a weak 1-2 bar LTE signal shows up the phone's modem/firmware decides that a full bar 3G signal is better and changes over to 3G which sucks because a 1 bar LTE signal is still faster than a full bar 3G signal. The only way to turn down the thresholds for keeping LTE connection and turning up the threshold before it switches over to 3G would be with an OTA update. Problem is I am not completely sure anyone in any kind of position to do something about this at sprint knows anything about it yet. This is going on with all LTE devices (Nexus, EVO LTE, and S3). No way to force LTE without losing voice/text either on these phones.

Isnt it connecting all the way down to -120? It is probably different for Wimax but I can edit the signal threshold on my epic. Just need MSL code.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to slickdaddy96

to slickdaddy96
said by slickdaddy96:

How would I even get to tier 2 people?

The last time I got them they were known as "Advanced Tech Support"... no idea what they are calling them now. I have to deal with att storm troopers more these days