spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

phirephoto

join:2000-01-26
Fremont, CA

[help] Abuse contact for CableVision / OptimumOnline?

Does anyone have a human contact at CV / Optimum Online? I've been reporting a newsgroup spammer to them for literally months, and getting a dead end.

Thanks.

Rojo

join:2009-04-14
New York, NY
kudos:1

ISPs usually ignore such complaints. Better to simply put the offender on ignore (Ignore Sender) yourself in your newsreader.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1
reply to phirephoto

I'm guessing you were already referred to abuse@cv.net based on your post, right?

phirephoto

Fremont, CA

Yes. Abuse@cv.net is a black hole.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to phirephoto

You could try either support@highwinds-media.com or abuse@highwinds-media.com since they are who are used for out sourcing.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

phirephoto

Fremont, CA

said by swintec:

You could try either support@highwinds-media.com or abuse@highwinds-media.com since they are who are used for out sourcing.

Sorry, what do you mean by they're used for outsourcing? You mean that's who actually handles support? But then that's the same people, no?

aannoonn

@optonline.net

They handle the newsgroups for Cablevision.

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
kudos:2
reply to phirephoto

203-847-6666.

swintec
Premium,VIP
Alfred, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to phirephoto

said by phirephoto:

said by swintec:

Sorry, what do you mean by they're used for outsourcing? You mean that's who actually handles support? But then that's the same people, no?

As someone said, they run the usenet server farm that you connect to. OOL outsourced to them quite awhile ago. What is the abuse contact in the header of the articles you are complaining about? Does it list the OOL abuse address?
--

phirephoto

Fremont, CA

said by swintec See Profile
As someone said, they run the usenet server farm that you connect to. OOL outsourced to them quite awhile ago.
[/BQUOTE :

Well technically, no no one said that, they just said "that's who they outsource to." Thank you for clarifying that it's the news outsourcing... And no, I don't connect to them, I use usenetserver, the spammer uses CV/OOL.

said by swintec See ProfileWhat is the abuse contact in the header of the articles you are complaining about? Does it list the OOL abuse address? [/BQUOTE :

The spammer is posting via google groups. Google groups blackholes all spam complaints.

swintec
Premium,VIP
Alfred, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

said by phirephoto:

The spammer is posting via google groups. Google groups blackholes all spam complaints.

I think you are in a touch spot then. Unless you can find a tech who will work on contacting someone at Google Groups. Normally you are supposed to contact the posting host of the poster.
--

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
reply to phirephoto

consider filing your complaint through »www.spamcop.net/
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

phirephoto

Fremont, CA