3 Lines, 10GB, unlimited talk & sms

New shared plan:
(30*3+120)=210

Existing plan:
shared unlimited txt: 30
Family talk Unlimited: 70 + 50=120
Data 3GB each, or 9GB total: 30*3=90
Total: 240

That's $30 LESS, 1GB more total, tethering available on all three lines (would add $60 to the existing plan in cost, but also add 6GB to the available pool... so apples to apples compare would mean bumping the new plan to 15GB +$40, so now the new plan is $50 LESS for three tethering lines, exactly the same amount of total data)

So, um. It's less.

Plus, if you're like our household of three shared lines, not every line comes anywhere near the total cap, but it's possible for one to go over in a month when the other two have 1-2 GB total unused. No overage there in the new plan, overage in the old plans.

I'll be switching over.
93388818 (banned)
It's cool, I'm takin it back
join:2000-03-14
Dallas, TX

93388818 (banned)

said by JohnInSJ:

3 Lines, 10GB, unlimited talk & sms

New shared plan:
(30*3+120)=210

Existing plan:
shared unlimited txt: 30
Family talk Unlimited: 70 + 50=120
Data 3GB each, or 9GB total: 30*3=90
Total: 240

That's $30 LESS, 1GB more total, tethering available on all three lines (would add $60 to the existing plan in cost, but also add 6GB to the available pool... so apples to apples compare would mean bumping the new plan to 15GB +$40, so now the new plan is $50 LESS for three tethering lines, exactly the same amount of total data)

So, um. It's less.

Plus, if you're like our household of three shared lines, not every line comes anywhere near the total cap, but it's possible for one to go over in a month when the other two have 1-2 GB total unused. No overage there in the new plan, overage in the old plans.

I'll be switching over.

How can that be? Everyone has already stated AT&T did this to raise prices on people! You must have done the math wrong.