jmpenguin
Jmpenguin
Premium Member
join:2004-01-16
Labelle, FL

jmpenguin

Premium Member

[Rant] FCC required PIN number message

In accordance with FCC regulations, Comcast requires you to enter your Security PIN and create a Security Question and Answer before you proceed. This will only take a few moments. Thank you

I kept getting this message when I go to check my account on line, stated one has to go to chat session to get it removed. That means typing messages with someone hopefully on this planet. They spend far more time being overly "polite" than solving problem. When I asked why did I get this "error message" was told they can't discuss have to use phone support. Only took 45 minutes to get to point that their "higher level" support will work on the error should be clear in several hours. NOTE on Monday I spent over an hour getting info on upgrading my service with TV the on line best price was too high when I asked "Chris" why he typed he can only go by his screen. The next night I got a cup of coffee and dialed Comcast only took 27 minutes on hold to get to an agent. Luckily he not only spoke English but is located in Jacksonville FL we quickly was able to get a much better total cost and arrange for change to be done this Friday. So when I went on line to see if changes were entered I could not get to account because of FCC requirement error message
earletp
join:2004-02-03
PDX
ARRIS SB8200
Asus RT-AC68

earletp

These links may be of some help, or at least a better explanation of what is happening.
In short, if you have Comcast voice, the new regulations require a PIN that is sent to you by snail mail to access Customer support/Online accounts.

»forums.comcast.com/t5/Bi ··· ue#M4690

»customer.comcast.com/hel ··· -connect
Stu Pidaso
join:2006-10-12
Greenwood, IN

Stu Pidaso to jmpenguin

to jmpenguin
So when you would enter your pin would it not take it?

jmpenguin
Jmpenguin
Premium Member
join:2004-01-16
Labelle, FL

jmpenguin

Premium Member

I have had Comcast Internet for almost 4 years we tried triple play 3 years ago for 30 day trial video signal was terrible so went back to internet only. In past year they have updated network in SW Florida and switched our area from analog to all digital tech will be here 5-7PM Friday to make changes. have not received a pin number nor the last I checked going to account a place to enter one. We have used Directv since 1998 and up until 4 years ago used Hughesnet Sat internet.