spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

Sorry Comcast

Unless Comcast is planning on unveiling this without a cap or overage fees, Verizon still wins.
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin

said by Os:

Unless Comcast is planning on unveiling this without a cap or overage fees, Verizon still wins.

I have a hunch it will be unlimited... just like TWC's top Docsis3.0 plans.

If Verizon charges $200+ for their 300 Mbps plan maybe Comcast will charge the same amount and at $200 per subscriber they and their subscribers will be very happy.
Moffetts
join:2005-05-09
San Mateo, CA

Moffetts

None of their existing tiers are unlimited unless you go business class. Not sure why the 305 tier would be different.
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin

said by Moffetts:

None of their existing tiers are unlimited unless you go business class. Not sure why the 305 tier would be different.

Because caps are basically a money grab and when you charge for something at a high price you are already getting what you wanted besides 300 Mbps with caps doesn't make any sense.

Like I said it is only a 'hunch'... we'll see.
mmay149q
Premium Member
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX

mmay149q to Os

Premium Member

to Os
said by Os:

True that, to be honest I just wish Verizon would completely own Comcast when they release this tier, by releasing their 300Mbps tier with 300Mbps on the upload as well, it would show that copper really can't compare to fiber...

Matt

Suntop
Wolfrider Elf
Premium Member
join:2000-03-23
Fairfield, MT
·T-Mobile
Netgear R6400
Netgear WNR1000
Netgear WNDR3400

Suntop to etaadmin

Premium Member

to etaadmin
Caps are there to "stop pirates" and to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Comcast is not called COMMIECAST for no reason. Let's see how long will it take a NON BUSINESS class to hit 250gb with a 305MBPs hmm lets see 2 days? It is not and will not ever be unlimited. Due to the ABUSE OF THE WORD UNLIMITED (ambiguous language) it is UNLIMITED ACCESS not UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH. You see F***en laws need to be changed to make the companies state the truth. Yes we offer UNLIMITED ACCESS to the internet, however when you hit the 250GB cap we impose forcefully onto you consumers we taketh the internet away! The reason I was given "It is to make sure everyone has access." to "This is to deter piracy." I tell them no you are a liar it is to protect profits.

It is more along the line "Bend over and take it .. ... ...." and "Pay us $200 for consumer you will be restricted, pay us $350.00 and you will have unlimited bandwidth." "While making our CEO and BOARD richer!"

To hell with all national cable providers, until you all quit raping your customers, I will stick to DSL, sure it is slow but I can download 1 terrabyte without any worry of them sending the bandwidth Gestapo after me.

Screw off Comcast! TWC and all others who LIE about unlimited.

Ebolla
join:2005-09-28
Dracut, MA

Ebolla

where in the last 5+ years have you seen a single comcast commercial use the word unlimited and internet in the same line.

oop
@comcast.net

oop to mmay149q

Anon

to mmay149q
fios still uses copper in house and most wire comcast installed

Suntop
Wolfrider Elf
Premium Member
Fairfield, MT
·T-Mobile
Netgear R6400
Netgear WNR1000
Netgear WNDR3400

Suntop to Ebolla

Premium Member

to Ebolla
I haven't seen a comcast commercial in 5+ years. Sides even if they stopped it, that does not change the fact they are LIARS when it came to the internet. Just because they stop saying it don't make it any different, now the "UP TO" is the other bs language. Um, if you say "We offer speeds up to 100 mbps" and all you get is 10-30mbps what do you think? Oversell and under-provide seems to be the common way today.

Chicago
@comcast.net

Chicago to Os

Anon

to Os

Google rules

Do not worry about Comcast and Verizon battle. Google wins. Google is about to offer 1 Gbps internet speed, yes you read right 1gbps or 1,000 mbps. And they charge 70$. Kansas City is the first city that will benefit the Google new network. Check at fiber.google.com.
Getreal4
join:2012-03-30

Getreal4 to Suntop

to Suntop

Re: Sorry Comcast

Do some homework before posting. Your feelings mean nothing compared to facts. Verizon and Comcast both have faster than advertised speeds on average.

»transition.fcc.gov/cgb/m ··· Full.pdf

Suntop
Wolfrider Elf
Premium Member
Fairfield, MT
·T-Mobile
Netgear R6400
Netgear WNR1000
Netgear WNDR3400

Suntop

Premium Member

This is DEPENDENT on location, amount of people on the node, and bandwidth management. It is a huge variable to have as advertised speeds. I used Comcast for a short time, I canceled service and went to CLICK! in Tacoma. They had more consistent speed than Comcast did back in the late '90s early 2000. It is because when they took over from AT&T there was so many splices in the line that it caused ... issues.