Search similar:

uniqs
kendall0401
join:2010-12-25
Morganton, NC

kendall0401

[Availability] Any plans to expand Uverse or add dsl ports in my

Hello all at&t reps and techs,
I'm wondering if any of you can give me an update on uverse expansion or dsl ports oPening in my area. I'm moving to 2760 Kayga Ave Morganton NC 28655. I know this is an AT&T forum, but cable service coming to the area would be awesome too especially since I LOVE my Charter service at my current residence. My area was once operated by Bellsouth if that helps.

Thanks in advance!
Kendall
treyatl2006
join:2012-01-26
Atlanta, GA

treyatl2006

Re: [Availability] Any plans to expand Uverse or add dsl ports i

Dont hold your breath for the uverse expansion....

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer to kendall0401

Premium Member

to kendall0401
Any AT&T tech who knew of any expansion (either underway or planned) in your area would be fired for revealing that knowledge.

If your new location has DSL service available, but there are just no free DSLAM ports available at this time, you can go ahead and try to get the service and be put on a waiting list. Even though AT&T is not currently officially expanding DSL or U-verse deployment, it is not unheard of for them to move retired ATM based DSL equipment to under-served DSL areas from areas that have been converted to U-verse (so you might not actually need to wait for a neighbor to die or move).

FWIW, when I got my first AT&T DSL Direct (actually it was BellSouth Standalone FastAccess) circuit at this location, I had to wait for several months because no DSL ports were available. But later when I signed up for a second line, I got it right away because they had moved some retired equipment into the CO that served my location (I knew that was the case because the name of the "new" DSLAM and its ATM connection was not changed, and it was a name that had been assigned to the CO in another city about 40 miles away).

Other than that, I suspect that most future expansion for fixed location services from AT&T will be via fixed LTE (or other wireless technology).
decifal7
join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

decifal7

I wish ATT would just sell their damn landline equipment in unupgraded areas to smaller companies willing to do the expansion... Granted if they do well they'd likely buy them back later on.. Either way, I don't like the technology lock that is going on atm..

nightshade74
Yet another genxer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-06
Prattville, AL

nightshade74 to kendall0401

Premium Member

to kendall0401
said by kendall0401:

I know this is an AT&T forum, but cable service coming to the area would be awesome too especially since I LOVE my Charter service at my current residence. My area was once operated by Bellsouth if that helps.

Does - »compas.compascable.net/ - serve your area?
simpsomatt
join:2006-08-21
Paris, KY

simpsomatt to decifal7

to decifal7
said by decifal7:

I wish ATT would just sell their damn landline equipment in unupgraded areas to smaller companies willing to do the expansion...

Are there smaller companies that are interested in purchasing ATT's landlines and building out DSL? Since ATT very clearly is no longer interested in being in the landline business, I would think they would happily sell if anyone made them a reasonable offer.
decifal7
join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

decifal7

said by simpsomatt:

said by decifal7:

I wish ATT would just sell their damn landline equipment in unupgraded areas to smaller companies willing to do the expansion...

Are there smaller companies that are interested in purchasing ATT's landlines and building out DSL? Since ATT very clearly is no longer interested in being in the landline business, I would think they would happily sell if anyone made them a reasonable offer.

There have been attempts at co-oping locations, but they usually meet heavy and aggressive resistance by ATT. Apparently they want to hold onto their lines regardless if they upgrade or not... Possibly something to do with the slush funds? Donno.. I can promise you this.. If I started an isp here in my area and applied to be allowed to string lines, i'd catch pure hell from them for "congesting" utility poles..