Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

avantare
Go Tribe

join:2000-02-16
Warren, MI

No video on newly built computer.

I have the following new, out of the box, hardware.

Biostar TZ77XE4 motherboard
Intel Core i5-3570K CPU w\ stock fan
Evga GTX 550 Ti 1024 GB video cards (x2 in SLI)
Kingston DDR3-1600 (4x4GB purchased in a set)

These I purchased separately earlier this year.
HP 20" and Acer 23" monitors (Both VGA and DVI capable)

Installed all 2 days ago. Installed Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit last night w/o any issues. I installed the motherboard applications off the CD after I had Windows installed. I have not updated Windows yet. I left the default settings in the BIOS. Turned off computer this morning before heading out to work. Came home, booted computer. No video but there was sufficient HD activity for me to state that it is booting. Retested monitors, both working.

Tested both monitors on my laptop (VGA only). Both work. Tried each monitor separately on the computer using VGA and DVI. Still no video.

TIA,

Chuck
--
You've been eaten by a grue.

rusdi
American V
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR
kudos:2

1 edit
I assume POST, (pre Windows boot) doesn't show as well?
If not, then you can't get to BIOS, to see if anything changed after you shut the computer down.

If this is the case, it sounds like you may need to install another, known good vid card. One, or both of the new card(s) may have given up already. This is rare, but can happen.
Good luck!
--
Come fold for a cure with us @ Team Helix.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to avantare
Disable the second monitor and try each GPU separately hooked up to a single monitor. Reseat them in the PCI lane and ensure connections are tight. Do you get any beeps on startup or is there an LCD debug screen on the mobo?

asdfdfdfdfdf
Premium
join:2012-05-09
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to avantare
The first thing I would do, as your motherboard has graphics connectors to handle the integrated graphics, is to connect to the motherboard and remove both cards. Run it like this, with one monitor, for a day or two and make sure it doesn't act up.

Then add one card (with one monitor) and see if it acts up. Then swap cards and see if it acts up.

If integrated graphics work and system is stable and each card works on its own then tell us what power supply brand and model you have.