spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

aannoonn

@optonline.net

Alphas season 2

Alphas season 2 begins on Monday 7/23 at 10 PM EDT on SyFy.

quote:
Wake Up Call

Eight months after Dr. Rosen's startling announcement to the world about the existence of Alphas, the government has locked him up at Binghamton. His Alphas, which have gone their own ways, must decide whether to reunite and save their friend.
The first season is being rebroadcast Friday 7/20 starting at 8 AM.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

I'm glad that the new season is staring soon, but a bit disappointed that it's picking up so long after Dr. Rosen's announcement.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1

What announcement?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4

Made in the last scene of the last episode, he announces the existence of the "alphas"

»www.imdb.com/title/tt2015548/synopsis

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Been so long I forgot what happened in the season finale.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by Alpha Phoenix:

Been so long I forgot what happened in the season finale.

I think one of the alphas made you forget. Oh, wait, you are an alpha: Alpha Phoenix.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to aannoonn

I liked the way Alphas started off the season, but by the end of the episode, it looks like they're going back to business as usual. I was hoping for some bigger (world-wide) changes after Rosen's announcement.
At least the new group of bad guys looks like they have their act together, which should be fun to watch.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

said by Rook008:

I was hoping for some bigger (world-wide) changes after Rosen's announcement.

Same.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to aannoonn

I just caught up to date on Alpha's Season 2 via XBMC/1channel though so far not too bad. I also caught Warehouse 13, new season the same day.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

Sept. 10 Monday.

Alphas: S02E07 Title: "Gods and Monsters" .

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
reply to aannoonn

After tonight's episode S02E12 "Need to Know", theres one episode left. Alpha's season finale is next week!

- Now we'll have to find something else to fill that slot with.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Already?!

Expand your moderator at work

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:2
reply to TwiztedZero

Re: Alphas season 2

Only 13 episodes?!

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
reply to aannoonn

Dr. Rosen handled the senator very well in last weeks episode and he's gotten downright cruel with this weeks show. You almost want to start rooting for the bad guy here.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

4 edits

"I don't like horses. They look confused."

Hopefully Rosen will die. I really can't stand him.

At least they filmed it at Grand Central Terminal (not "Station") instead of Toronto Union Station.

And causing a power failure in NYC shouldn't be that difficult. Con Ed doesn't have much trouble doing that.

Oops. Now we have streetcar tracks in Manhattan again.

There is no generator large enough to power half of Manhattan 500 feet below Grand Central TERMINAL.

Rosen's at a train station, but a directional sign says "York". Not New York. Simply "York". Where are they?

And everyone dies except for Gary and maybe Parish. It's a wrap. See you next year, I guess.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
reply to aannoonn

I am trying hard to understand this series, but the direction and acting and story line are so terrible I don't think I can keep watching. I don't know what the heck happened to the Scyfy channel, but the old shows were so much better, such as Battlestar and Farscape. Both were riveting. I will watch one more show, and if I can't figure out what they hell is going on, and if the dialogue keeps making me yawn, I am going to ignore this series.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

Watch the original French movie La Femme Nikita from 1990 with Anne Parillaud. Then watch the original TV series La Femme Nikita from 1997 with Peta Wilson (96 episodes; 5 seasons). Much better than the SyFy series.

Oh, and skip Point of No Return, the 1993 movie, unless you have extra time and want to see a nice shot of Bridget Fonda's butt.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

I agree about La Femme. The original movie is MUCH better, it is raw, intense, realistic, you really feel for her. The US remakes are horrible in comparison, the French is so much more compelling.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to aannoonn

I really, really liked the past season of Alphas , except for the last episode. It seemed somewhat rushed.
Gary was hilarious as usual, but underutilized in the cases they were pursuing. There was a fair amount of character development among the main cast and the new girl as well. There was a touching, emotional character exit, and a great cameo by the recently departed to help Rosen along the way.
Parish was a great bad guy, mostly because he felt what he was doing was right, a lot like the cigarette smoking man in The X-Files: "If people were to know of the things that I know, it would all fall apart."
Rosen was the perfect good guy with a purpose, ends justifies the means, whatever it takes, I cannot fail, character. But in the end, he softened.
With the continuous build-up, the season finale could have been so much better.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
reply to signmeuptoo

Oh, man. I got my threads mixed up. Sorry.

beavercable
Premium
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR

1 recommendation

reply to signmeuptoo

said by signmeuptoo:

I will watch one more show, and if I can't figure out what they hell is going on, and if the dialogue keeps making me yawn, I am going to ignore this series.

Try and think of it as X-Men. Dr. Rosen as Xavier and Parish as Magneto. Story line being Parish/Magneto and his group of mutants want to kill all normal people and leave the world only to mutants/Alphas. Parish and his government funded mutants try and stop them.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

I don't know who is who, it was so difficult even paying attention, to figure out who Parrish or anyone else is. I will watch one more episode and give it a shot, but the directing is terrible and the acting is not much better, and the writing is just, well...
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
reply to beavercable

I think it's a rip-off of The 4400.