Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to FievelMousey

Re: [HSI] So will we have to give up our Modems at some point?

I was just told yesterday in the Direct forum if I want to make ANY changes to my plan, I would have to get a Charter modem.

Currently on the 15/3 plan with my own modem.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Charter
Charter has this so F'ed up that we will just have to wait and see what side effects customers get with these new policies. Because this look like a one way street and no going back.

We will see just how many customer are lost because of this and that just might change it a little down the road.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
Personally, I doubt that many. But I think it's a dumb move, and they should've just said 'consumer modems are unsupported' after that screwup of the 6121s...

cork1958
Cork
Premium
said by mmainprize:

Charter has this so F'ed up that we will just have to wait and see what side effects customers get with these new policies. Because this look like a one way street and no going back.

We will see just how many customer are lost because of this and that just might change it a little down the road.

I may be one of those customers jumping ship and having to play that promo special game with Dish/Direct tv and DSL.

In the process of weighing my options right now.

They may not lose enough customers to make any REAL noticeable difference, but I sure as heck hope there is enough backlash from this absolutely ignorant move that they don't gain many either!

I think Charter has bypassed the place my wife works at as worlds #1 most stupidly ran company!!
--
The Firefox alternative.

wingrider01

join:2006-07-25
Saint Louis, MO
reply to cork1958
said by cork1958:

I was just told yesterday in the Direct forum if I want to make ANY changes to my plan, I would have to get a Charter modem.

Upgraded from 30MB to 100MBa few days ago, was able to keep my Motorola SB6120 and get 100MB for 95.00

cork1958
Cork
Premium
reply to cork1958
said by cork1958:

Older thread now, but just called Charter, 3 times, 3different people, and had it verified that I would have to give up my Docsis 3, Zoom 5341 modem for one of theirs if I upgrade from the 15/3 plan to the 30/4.

Told all 3 of the people to forget I even called and leave my stuff alone!
--
The Firefox alternative.

BoMarty

join:2001-02-01
Ballwin, MO
reply to wingrider01
said by wingrider01:

said by cork1958:

Upgraded from 30MB to 100MBa few days ago, was able to keep my Motorola SB6120 and get 100MB for 95.00

unbundled $95 bucks? If that is bundled price, you got screwed over by 35 bucks

wingrider01

join:2006-07-25
Saint Louis, MO
said by BoMarty:

said by wingrider01:

said by cork1958:

unbundled $95 bucks? If that is bundled price, you got screwed over by 35 bucks

Unbundled, charter internet is preferable, would not switch from my current TV provider for a million dollars a month payable in cash to me

Zappa2000

join:2001-12-16
Kalamazoo, MI
reply to cork1958
said by cork1958:

said by cork1958:

Older thread now, but just called Charter, 3 times, 3different people, and had it verified that I would have to give up my Docsis 3, Zoom 5341 modem for one of theirs if I upgrade from the 15/3 plan to the 30/4.

I don't get it then, since »Re: [HSI] Wireless Gateway Modems are Back says we can keep our modem.

This is highly annoying being told so many different things.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
I'm glad you found that. I remembered reading that.

On my first call, I got some lady that apparently wasn't the correct department, but after talking to her for a few and explaining my Zoom modem was a Docsis 3, she said she saw no issue. Then she transferred me ot the correct department, and was told flat out that Charter is trying to make every one do away with their own modems.
--
The Firefox alternative.

koma3504
Advocate
Premium
join:2004-06-22
North Richland Hills, TX
reply to cork1958
said by cork1958:

said by cork1958:

that's funny I have the 30/5 plan one res{with Docsis 2 and get 30/5}

and one commercial on the 30/5

All one has to do is take their modem after they leave put your's back online And hit the page to update Mac for the old modem takeing their modem back out of the picture.
--
† Koma †
If YOu Don't Think It's Possible!! It's Acually A Reality!!The best way to predict the future is to invent it. Alan Kay!!
Ya Don't Know The signal Till Ya Ride It!!
Voice Break's There's Trouble!!!!

cork1958
Cork
Premium
Would think they would have that kind of thing blocked or something?

Personally,
I would go pick up their modem and bring it home and connect it myself.
--
The Firefox alternative.