uniqs
share rss forum feed

milkman82

join:2006-06-19
Lakewood, OH
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US

WOW!

Is AT&T still using cabinets like those in the picture?

Those style cabinets got replaced in my old town with one about half that size and more square. They actually are small enough to where you don't really notice them or care about them....

Also in the case where they are on peoples tree lawns. Didn't they have some kinda box there before these and also would the city carry some blame for allowing that to happen?

Shad0wlore
Premium
join:2004-06-15
USA
Reviews:
·AT&T (Business S..
·Charter

I was actually wondering that myself. Ours are small boxes mounted on every 5th or 8th pole and are about 2.5ftx3ft... was one of the local requirements to do it. They can't put as many subs into each, but in return, they were allowed to attach them to nearly every pole.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to milkman82

said by milkman82:

No, that just Karl's favorite "obtrusive telco cabinet" picture.

maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
kudos:2
reply to milkman82

The could just use fiber.... the FIOS cabinets are 5 times smaller, and mounted on poles. But noooooo, AT&T thinks copper is the future!
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

Teaddle

@sbcglobal.net
reply to milkman82

Agreed- I've got U-verse in my neighborhood and the cabinets are no where near the size of those pictured. Either the Deathstar is deploying something different in "Babylon-by-the Bay" or the plaintiffs are using old information. That aside- I'd love to them them deploy these "refer" boxes on Lombard St (the part that winds back and forth) or in St Andrews area or any of the other wealthy neighborhoods. Not a chance is my guess-The money will make sure that no VRAD is in front of their home-it'll be down underground. I also predict that the metal cabinets will be useless in 3-5 years due to urine damage, graffiti and fecal contamination

David
hours are m-th 1130-10p central
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:98
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to milkman82

said by milkman82:

Those style cabinets got replaced in my old town with one about half that size and more square. They actually are small enough to where you don't really notice them or care about them....

Also in the case where they are on peoples tree lawns. Didn't they have some kinda box there before these and also would the city carry some blame for allowing that to happen?

karl likes recycling old and outdated pictures. I rolled past one on the way to eckards, and the vrad itself is about 1/4 the size of that and the cross box was tall but rectangular and compact. It wasn't very big at all.

The one I saw looked just like this one and apparently many people were not up in arms about it being there. It was apparently not too far from the corner of the road. Ironically in sheer size the traffic light control box was larger than this thing was. Of course, no one in their right might will complain about that though

--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX
reply to maartena

said by maartena:

The could just use fiber.... the FIOS cabinets are 5 times smaller, and mounted on poles. But noooooo, AT&T thinks copper is the future!

I doubt they think copper is the future.. more like wireless..

but also AT&T loves to reuse old equipment and thats what where seing with the phone lines haha, uverse is so funny because it uses fiber then coverts to phone line... which is cheaper than heck!

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
reply to David

said by David:

said by milkman82:

karl likes recycling old and outdated pictures. I rolled past one on the way to eckards, and the vrad itself is about 1/4 the size of that and the cross box was tall but rectangular and compact. It wasn't very big at all.

The one I saw looked just like this one and apparently many people were not up in arms about it being there. It was apparently not too far from the corner of the road. Ironically in sheer size the traffic light control box was larger than this thing was. Of course, no one in their right might will complain about that though

[att=1]

this is what my local VRAD looks like and it was installed in the beginning of 2008.