Sukunai
Premium
join:2008-05-07
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·TekSavvy DSL

[Praise] Shipping speeds

We aaaaaaall hear about the complaints the whines and the bitching.

Well I am here to say bloody good show Amazon.

Wife ordered some books, including one due out Aug 9th this year.

4 books total.

I indicated 'all in one shipment' thinking why spread them out if not needed. I felt it would maybe keep the cost down. But at conclusion of the order, it looked like they might hold back the order till the 9th as a result of my choice. Drat. Well what can you do eh.

I never select faster options, after all 2-3 days, is damned fast. Why pay a premium for 1-2 days or even more for 1 day only. Free in under a week is really nice if you ask me.

So the wife sees a package arrive the next day. Hell as far as the clock is concerned it wasn't even 24 hours since I hit the order button. She's asking the delivery man "are you sure this is mine?".

So she figures husband must have ordered something, can't be my books already.

But nope they were her books. Makes you wonder, why would anyone pay more for faster? The only way to get faster, is if they read her mind and ordered them they day before. Now all shes needs to wait on is the 4th book which doesn't yet exist.

And no, I am not living in the city next door to the depot. I am in small town Central Ontario. They'd need to process the order, load the truck, and be in a position to drive here (it is after all a ways from Toronto). I think the driver must have had to literally run to his truck and break the speed limits.

Bamafan2277

join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN

That is good to hear! Amazon has improved quite a bit on shipping lately. They are trying to get distribution centers spread out so that most customers can have their items next day without the extra cost.

They are building a 1M sqft distribution warehouse less than 10 min from my house and the area will supposedly get some same day or next day delivery's for no extra charge. I sure am looking forward to it. Currently my stuff is about 2 days which is still great.

thegeek
Premium
join:2008-02-21
right here
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to Sukunai

your praise should be more for the carrier and not so much for Amazon. Sure, Amazon deserves praise for prepping the shipment with speed and getting it to the carrier, but the carrier is the one who gets it to your door step incredibly fast and efficiently.

Sukunai
Premium
join:2008-05-07
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·TekSavvy DSL

said by thegeek:

your praise should be more for the carrier and not so much for Amazon. Sure, Amazon deserves praise for prepping the shipment with speed and getting it to the carrier, but the carrier is the one who gets it to your door step incredibly fast and efficiently.

Possibly true as well. I have never had much in the way of trouble with the 'carriers' that operate in my area of the world.

Fobulous
Premium
join:2002-08-14
Missouri City, TX
reply to thegeek

again, this heavily depends on where the item is. If Amazon didn't spread out their warehouses and distribution center and everything is coming from Kentucky like before. Sukunai See Profile probably wouldn't not have gotten the books that quickly.
--

g121
MrGee

join:2004-05-28
Toronto
reply to Sukunai

i've ordered from Amazon.ca 5-6 times (books, electronic stuff, smoker pellets) .. super fast FREE delivery every time .. i'm super pleased .. cheers