Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Price Increases

When I moved last year I was over the moon to finally live where FiOS was available. Having to be stuck with Time Warner and their crappy 15/1 triple service for 165.00/month it was great to get away from them for the 35/35 FiOS triple month-by-month 135.00. Now, a year later, my bill at the end of this month will probably be around 170.00. Every single aspect of my service has gone up. When I called about changing my service there was nothing I could do to reduce my bill. If I went for a contract... my price would go up. Drop the phone... price stays the same. Guess what? Verizon - in less than a year - has priced themselves past Time Warner.

Now I have to change my service again because I can't absorb all these goddamn increases. Fuck!
--
If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans - Woody Allen

elefante72

join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY
OK

20/2 - 1 year promo $40 (2.50 to rent modem)
Voip, your choice $8
Netflix - $8
OTA - Free, or use some media center analog to record.

$58 ish

If you are lazy you can pay for basic which is like $10/month. It looks like Aereo is going to play.. No need for a DVR.

Pocket the other $110/month

Go prepaid on your phone and save more.

TWC has really caught up to FIOS in my area. My neighbor has ultimate 50/5 and it flies. I ONLY have 25/25 on FIOS.

I know you are in the same cluster as me (Buffalo).

The point is DOCSIS 3 and TWC have really stepped it up and I am impressed. When I had TWC other than their poor CS the modem was rock solid. On two occasions the UNY weather killed my outside coax (not a prob w/ fiber).

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
While it is true I need neither phone or TV I do, however, require internet to communicate. So, yes, I could live with free dial up. What my point was just because another ISP (TW) has jacked their prices to the heavens it doesn't mean VZ should. Justifying price increase piled upon price increase because your competitor does says more about your company than it does about it's competitors.