BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
reply to ttcole1254

Re: [Internet] Lightning Internet Corruption

Thank you for the update. I am going to dig into this deeper now that we have two confirmed modems same issue.

ttcole1254

join:2009-07-07
Saint Cloud, FL

No problem Again I'm just happy everything's working. Also, I still would like my router so I have better control over network configurations, and also because where the modem is, the signal has to go through a shower and the signal is almost nothing by the time I get it. Could you put it in bridge mode? I don't mind if I have to call to get it done though.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by ttcole1254:

No problem Again I'm just happy everything's working. Also, I still would like my router so I have better control over network configurations, and also because where the modem is, the signal has to go through a shower and the signal is almost nothing by the time I get it. Could you put it in bridge mode? I don't mind if I have to call to get it done though.

Please call to have that done...

Thanks
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

ttcole1254

Saint Cloud, FL

Okay I'll call now I don't really like double NATs haha.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by ttcole1254:

Okay I'll call now I don't really like double NATs haha.

LOL neither do I...it makes me very cranky

ttcole1254

Saint Cloud, FL

I got it in bridge mode succesfully, and everything's running well. Oh, while I'm here, I might as well ask you.. we upgraded from EarthLink, and we still have an e-mail with them. Do we need to call EarthLink and cancel ourselves? The only thing we still have access to is webmail, but have already migrated over to RR for the most part.

ttcole1254

Saint Cloud, FL

I have our RR tied with Gmail to give us more storage (10 GB versus 100 MB) and also IMAP. Anything in and out has our RR email on it but gmail secretly handles everything. I had our EarthLink email set up the same way. Makes it so much easier. Basically as soon as we get an email google fetches it, and whenever we send mail the sending address is @rr.com