All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
JohnPaul40
join:2011-04-18
North York, ON

JohnPaul40 to Hooter

to Hooter

Re: [Express] Cisco DPC3008 does work on Rogers!

That is what it looks like to me as well. I know JohnPaul is happy now that he has a higher speed and bandwidth allowance, but what is the point of paying for a new stand alone D3 modem and going through the hoops with Rogers to get it provisioned, only to have it set up as a D2 modem with a grandfathered plan? Something does not sound right here!

You're right...big headache and I'm not sure I'm much futher ahead. The Rogers guy was very sneaky: to satisfy my request for a higher monthly transfer cap, he moved me from Express to Extreme at no extra charge for one year. I was a happy customer. I later found out that he locked me into a one year agreement, without my consent!! I am about to call back Rogers and have that reversed.
JohnPaul40

JohnPaul40

said by JohnPaul40:

That is what it looks like to me as well. I know JohnPaul is happy now that he has a higher speed and bandwidth allowance, but what is the point of paying for a new stand alone D3 modem and going through the hoops with Rogers to get it provisioned, only to have it set up as a D2 modem with a grandfathered plan? Something does not sound right here!

You're right...big headache and I'm not sure I'm much futher ahead. The Rogers guy was very sneaky: to satisfy my request for a higher monthly transfer cap, he moved me from Express to Extreme at no extra charge for one year. I was a happy customer. I later found out that he locked me into a one year agreement, without my consent!! I am about to call back Rogers and have that reversed.

I got Rogers to reverse the one year agreement, but it took about 50 minutes on the phone. They said they will waive the $250 early cancellation fee. Except now I'm back where I started, which is the Express grandfathered plan, with 60 GB/mo transfer, even though I have a D3 modem. This has been a tremendous waste of time and I am quite displeased with Rogers.
Hooter
join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

Hooter

I really sympathise with you JohnPaul. You went to a lot of trouble and with Rogers, it was all for nought. This is what Rogers has become. It is all about them having control and why be concerned about the customer, because after all, we have no competition so we can do whatever we want to and the customer be damned! They want customers to buy or rent their crappy modems but I for one will be looking at the alternatives in the fall when my contract is up.