how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JohnPaul

join:2011-04-18
North York, ON
reply to aereolis

Re: [Express] Cisco DPC3008 does work on Rogers!

said by aereolis:

This is what you need to do from your end. From the office side end, there is one crucial step. You need them to add your modem to the system as a different modem. If you were to call the office, and find out what model you have, it wouldn't say cisco dpc3008, they would tell you some other model number, like the cisco 3825. Because the 3008 isn't authorized for use with rogers (at least not yet afaik).

In a follow up call I asked Rogers what modem they see on my account and they said "customer owned DOCSIS WDZP". Just in case this means anything to anyone.

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
it basically means what we were suspecting all along. They've provisioned your modem as a D2 modem, hence why they were not able to put you on the Express tier with 80GB of usage.

aereolis

join:2003-06-12
Brampton, ON
said by yyzlhr :

it basically means what we were suspecting all along. They've provisioned your modem as a D2 modem, hence why they were not able to put you on the Express tier with 80GB of usage.

WDZP means - customer purchased third party modem - not a docsis 3.0 modem, not a modem purchased from rogers, but 2.0 you bought ... like for instance a SB5101. »www.google.ca/search?q=sb5101&hl···bih=1263
--
Hello

LondonDave
Premium
join:2011-09-05
London, ON
So in theory couldn't he just call in and have that modem provisioned as a 3rd party SMC docsis 3 gateway like so many others?

With some fighting of course

JohnPaul

join:2011-04-18
North York, ON
I went to a Rogers store yesterday and it was confirmed that my DPC3008 was set up as a docsis 2 modem! Just like metioned above. I suggested it should be set up as a DPC3825 modem and he said it already was! Since this made no sense, he opened a trouble ticket and now I'm waiting for a call back in the next 7 days, hopefully with a solution.