zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric

Finally - a break here...

We've had 2.45 inches of rain in the last three days. Finally, some help for out corn and bean crops, (and my tomato plants!). Even though I deep-watered the tomatoes in the evening every three days, the 96-100 degree temps were stressing them.

On our trip to the upper midwest, we saw corn along I-74 that was little more than silage, beyond recovery. The worst was from Indianapolis up through Bloomington IL. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any relief for them or for the I-80 corridor through Iowa.

wth
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom

said by EGeezer:

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any relief for them or for the I-80 corridor through Iowa.

Last good rain here was on 5/3 (2.16"). Since then (73 days), only 3.17" has fallen (none of that in July so far) and out of that 3.17", all of that fell in amounts under 1/3", which was just enough to add some more humidity. Just got our electric bill. Last time we consumed over 1395 KWH/month was in July '95 (1404KWH) & Aug of '95 (1547KHW).

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8

I was just in Iowa City - Stopped at John's grocery for some exotic libations, and had supper at Mekong. I usually get my coffee at Java House on Mormon Trek. I missed downtown and Prairie Lights Bookstore this year, but will be back next year!