share rss forum feed

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to kim

Re: [Serious] We are considering private school - want opinions

said by kim:

Excellent point. Having an 'in' with a teacher or two who's judgement you trust would be excellent.

So Don.. Are the girls excited about their new school?

After they did a day there, they are. We sort of have an "in" with a teacher. We discussed the school with someone who is a teacher and they said they heard good things about the school.

The whole thread has moved away a bit from where I started, but a lot if it valid.

It is going to cost us $950 or so per month if they go to public school for before and after. That is a fact. So why not spend $200 more for private school? It seems so simple.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

said by donoreo:

It is going to cost us $950 or so per month if they go to public school for before and after. That is a fact. So why not spend $200 more for private school? It seems so simple.

doesn't seem too bad to me...plus, it might help keep your kids away from the "less desirable", as most parents who are paying a premium for their kids are likely to have better behaved kids...not a guarantee, but i am sure it is likely.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by dirtyjeffer:

said by donoreo:

doesn't seem too bad to me...plus, it might help keep your kids away from the "less desirable", as most parents who are paying a premium for their kids are likely to have better behaved kids...not a guarantee, but i am sure it is likely.

Really? I would imagine there's quite afew spoiled brats attending this school.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

said by Mike2009:

Really? I would imagine there's quite afew spoiled brats attending this school.

i'm sure there is some, but they are at public schools too.