spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yyzlhr

@rogers.com
reply to JohnPaul

Re: [Express] Cisco DPC3008 does work on Rogers!

it basically means what we were suspecting all along. They've provisioned your modem as a D2 modem, hence why they were not able to put you on the Express tier with 80GB of usage.

aereolis

join:2003-06-12
Brampton, ON

said by yyzlhr :

it basically means what we were suspecting all along. They've provisioned your modem as a D2 modem, hence why they were not able to put you on the Express tier with 80GB of usage.

WDZP means - customer purchased third party modem - not a docsis 3.0 modem, not a modem purchased from rogers, but 2.0 you bought ... like for instance a SB5101. »www.google.ca/search?q=sb5101&hl···bih=1263
--
Hello

LondonDave
Premium
join:2011-09-05
canada

So in theory couldn't he just call in and have that modem provisioned as a 3rd party SMC docsis 3 gateway like so many others?

With some fighting of course

JohnPaul

join:2011-04-18
North York, ON

I went to a Rogers store yesterday and it was confirmed that my DPC3008 was set up as a docsis 2 modem! Just like metioned above. I suggested it should be set up as a DPC3825 modem and he said it already was! Since this made no sense, he opened a trouble ticket and now I'm waiting for a call back in the next 7 days, hopefully with a solution.