Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

[MoP] Patch 5.0.4 on Public Test Realm

ref: »www.mmo-champion.com/content/285···-4-Notes

quote:
Welcome to the World of Warcraft Patch 5.0.4 Public Test Realm.
We thank you for testing Patch 5.0.4 with us, and ask that you participate in our PTR Feedback forum and our PTR Bug Report forum.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please note that PTR testing is restricted to World of Warcraft game accounts that do not have access to the Mists of Pandaria beta test. You can find more information on this here.

General

Account-wide Achievements, pets, and mounts
In Patch 5.0.4 and beyond, the majority of your character's Achievements, pets, and mounts will be shared with your other characters. Please read: Bringing Achievements to the Account Level, by Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street

World Event: Attack on Theramore Isle
Warchief Garrosh, obsessed with assuring the Horde’s supremacy over Kalimdor, launches an all-out attack against Jaina's island home of Theramore. Though valiant Alliance defenders rush to repel the sudden onslaught, they’ll soon find themselves unprepared for the terrible scope of Garrosh's true plans…
In the Public Test Realm, we will be testing this event at specified intervals. Keep an eye on our PTR Feedback forum for more details as they become available.

AOE Looting
Area of effect looting comes to World of Warcraft with this patch. After killing a group of enemies in close proximity, when you loot one of their corpses, the loot window will include items from all of the nearby corpses for which you have loot rights.

BattleTag support in World of Warcraft
Players who have enabled their BattleTag will now be able to:
See BattleTag friends in your friends list.
Add and remove BattleTag friends.
Send BattleTag invites to other players via right-click.

Classes
All classes have been updated with a new talent system, improved abilities, and spells (accessible throughout levels 1-85). Your character's talents have been reset.
Many old talents have been converted to specialization abilities.
Druids now have access to a fourth class specialization: Guardian.
New spells are now learned automatically. Class trainers are only needed to change talents, glyphs, class specialization, or to utilize the dual specialization feature.
All characters now take 30% less damage from other players.

Currency Conversion
Coming soon.

Items
Spell Penetration has been replaced by PvP Power on existing items.
Head enchants removed
Enchants that modify the gear in your head slot have been removed from the game. This includes older head enchants of every type.

Relics, ranged, and thrown items
The slot in which ranged, relics, and thrown items were previously equipped has been removed. All weapons should now be equipped in the weapon slot.
Ranged weapons, including wands, have been adjusted to be more powerful.
Ranged weapons no longer have a minimum range.

Professions
The glyph system has been updated. Many class glyphs have been added, altered, or moved to different glyph types.
Prime glyphs have been removed.

User Interface
There is a new user interface for your mounts and pets.
Character creation screens have been updated.
Buffs have been consolidated in the UI.
New roll results frame added. This new feature can be accessed by clicking the word "[Loot]" in chat, or by typing "/loot".
The PvE queue frames have been unified. You can now queue for dungeons, raids, and other queue-able content in one handy place.
Vendors now offer item filtering.
Spellbooks have been updated to reflect changes to core abilities, and now include a brief overview of specializations.
The Dungeon Journal has been expanded with information on all pre-Cataclysm encounters.
A new help system has been added to many frames. You can toggle this on and off by clicking the "i" button in the upper left corner of the frame.
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

I'd rather hang out with friends and collect gear, mounts, and achievements that don't require me to beat up on the weaker kid.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

this isnt far from live, end of Aug is my guess.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

I figure it would be on the PTR for at least 2 months. I'm actually hoping for this. Give me a couple of months before completely rebooting all of my toons...

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH
kudos:2
reply to Immer

WTH??? Druids get a 4th spec called Guardian???

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE

hehe ya its been known for quite a while now, Guards are bears, no more hybrid builds, but you do get a talent that gives different stat buffs when in different forms.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Immer

Ok so they're removing the ranged slot but giving wands more kick?
what?

or is the mage weapon slot now for the wand? what does this do to the MH/OH combo and to staves?

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE

casters that can use wands will use them instead of mh/oh or staves, wands do kickass in beta, warriors and rogues get a skill simply enough called throw, and deadly throw you just have a thrown weapon theres no equiping a different one. hunters can equip a melee weapon but you have no real skill for its use, ranged weapons have been upgraded and the minimum range is gone, so stand in melee and fire away.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
reply to DarkLogix

said by DarkLogix:

or is the mage weapon slot now for the wand?

I believe that is what is happening.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

So what of the staves? daggers and swords?

as the only legendary for mages is a staff I just can't see them taking that from us.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE

yes they can still use them but you cant have both its one or the other, sword/dagger and oh, staff, or wand pick which you want to use
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

ok
that sounds less bad.
does a wand cast still not count as a cast? (ie on sindy in ICC that worked to allow some DPS while waiting on the debuff to fall off, and you never know when they'll have a similer mech)

and is there still a OH slot?

so can you do wand/OH ? (dual wands would be cool)

then as they have their own DPS stat on the wand does that mean they'll have lower stats for the others?

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE

well when they first implemented this wands fired as fast as you could click it, i had a lock total kill me with one just steady firing i couldnt move cause i was constantly getting hit, but i think they changed that now, but no even then no wand and oh and no dual wanding, the wand acts like a staff in that regard, yes there is still an oh slot no wand slot, and paladins, druids and shaman have had their relics removed as well.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to DarkLogix

Wands are now just like staves that only mages, locks, and priests can use.

That's all.

I forget if Shoot still exists.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to Immer

i was little ticked the other day when i saw in beta that they removed the need for the higher level rods for enchanting now you will only use the runed copper rod, i was little pissed cause i spent a long time getting what i needed for all those damn rods, especially getting all those damn primals.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

said by cymraeg:

i was little ticked the other day when i saw in beta that they removed the need for the higher level rods for enchanting now you will only use the runed copper rod, i was little pissed cause i spent a long time getting what i needed for all those damn rods, especially getting all those damn primals.

WTF ya it took along time to upgrade the rod

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to Nick D

iirc, from my last time on my lock on beta, shoot is still there.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

I wonder how the damage stat on the wand effects itemization compaired to daggers/swords/staves.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE

go to the wowhead db and look up on the mists page for some wands

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Well I figure they're still time for them to re-itemize

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE

of course but you can get an idea of what they are thinking.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to stonhinge

Last I was on my beta mage it was, but wands weren't auto shoot at the time. More like throw for rogues and warriors where you have to click everytime. Though that was a few beta patches ago, been on the rogue since it's what I'll likely keep as my main in panda express. First time I'll have the same from one xpac to the next too, was rogue in vanilla, started a warrior then went hunter in TBC, DK in Wrath and rogue in Cata.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to cymraeg

well as I'm websensed and forgot to look ove rhte weekend could you tell me?

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to Immer

This patch is Pre-MoP, not MoP, meaning you don't need to buy the expansion to play, MoP comes until Oct/Nov.. so this patch will likely hit late August early Sept. run a few weeks until MoP is ready..

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

and they'll likely enable the event for some amount of time there.

Guess I better level my priest some if I want to play it in MOP

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
reply to Immer

September 25 is the release date, so look for the patch to hit aroune the 10th. The blues are on record as saying that this patch should only run for a few weeks before Mists hits.