how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

stunod2002

join:2003-11-07
Carol Stream, IL

Kind of sucks

I know Wireless has made huge strides recently but I don't see it being a source for my broadband anytime soon... I'll go do cable (uggg) before I go to Wireless...
--
Stunod

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Metrocast Commun..

wireless has been my source for broadband for the last two years, and not telco wireless. I use a local WISP. Those guys are saviors for rural if you have a good one (I do).
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Winchester, CA
reply to stunod2002

Wireless is a VERY VERY good format for broadband IF and I say IF it is done correctly. We have been doing it for many years and have made lots of money and grown our company. We have seen other wisps come and go but only because they did not plan and decided to use linksys crap to run thier networks..

Customers are happy with the service and willnever go back to a telco or cable provider. We strive to make our service and experience an enjoyable one.
--
»www.accelwireless.com
ComTrain Certified Tower Climber.
Wireless and IT consultant.
Proficient in Mikrotik

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4

+1 could not agree more

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA
kudos:37
reply to Jim_in_VA

said by Jim_in_VA:

wireless has been my source for broadband for the last two years, and not telco wireless. I use a local WISP. Those guys are saviors for rural if you have a good one (I do).

Well sometimes. You still need LOS for many. I used a WISP for a couple years until he lost access to a nearby tower and with my wooded lot, I had major issues in the summer when it rained and I had his high gain antenna and amp. I paid $50/mo for 256k/256k service. This was 8-9 years ago though.
--
RIP my babies Buttons 1/15/94-2/9/07, Beamer 7/24/08, & Bows 12/17/94-10/11/09

nehmia

join:2012-07-20
Fredericksburg, VA
reply to viperm

I've been trying to look into a WISP into an area I will be moving too soon. They seem to be shut down and not operating any more (Stafford County, VA).

What does it take to start up a WISP project?