kc6108
join:2012-07-20
Kansas, USA
Motorola MB8600
Netgear X10
Netgear R8500

kc6108

TWC - KCMO - New Firmware Ou for Arris TG852G - 7.5.32D.TW

I just rebooted my modem yesterday and it wouldn't come back up. Internet and phone were both hosed. I pressed the reset button (to restore to factory defaults) and the router proceeded to download new firmware. It is version 7.5.32D.TW and is dated Mon May 7 17:21:19 EDT 2012.

After the upgrade I logged into 192.168.100.1, username 'admin' and password 'password'. Everything looked the same. I of course turned everything off (upnp, SPI firewall, dhcp, etc), then put it in 'bridge' mode (which dumbs the router down to a simple modem). I use my own router (Cisco SA540).

Everything is working the same as before. Hopefully the firmware is as stable, or more, than before. I have never had a problem with this router/modem.

Do anyone know what changes have been made in this firmware release? Perhaps getting ready for ipv6?
amponzi
join:2010-06-26
USA

amponzi

I just got this firmware updated tonight and the username and password do not work anymore. Are we not able to change our own settings anymore?

wdh280
TWC Extreme
join:2001-10-13
Middletown, OH

wdh280

I'm having the same problem i can no longer access the modem.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar to kc6108

Premium Member

to kc6108
I just noticed that I too got the update. I don't know what the update fixes or adds, but I hadn't noticed any trouble with the modem since I had it installed.
juilinsandar

juilinsandar to wdh280

Premium Member

to wdh280
are you talking about accessing the advanced settings and wireless settings? I've never had access to that. I have access to the basic download and upload channel info and hardware log.
amponzi
join:2010-06-26
USA

amponzi

Wireless settings... the default username and password appears to have changed so you can't set things like SSID, bridge mode, etc without going through Time Warner it appears.